"Landscapes by the Danube" Moldova Veche by ocean_fire
Moldova Veche Travel Guide: 2 reviews and 6 photos
I don't actually have pictures taken in Moldova Veche as we arrived there by the fall of dark. We stopped too much on the way to admire the views and therefore we arrived back in Turnu Severin at about 1-2 am. Got stopped also by the border police :O) There was nobody on the road at that hour and the road was not illuminated at all. So try to leave early for Orsova and then further on the way to Moldova Veche, even though a sun set near Moldova Veche is worth the ride back through the complete darkness!!!
Don't forget to stop on the way to really enjoy these lanscapes! I think in the afternoon is the best time of the day to start this ride as in summer it can be pretty hot and the sun too bright.
Be careful and take a good look on your right and on your left side of the road! This is what you can see on the right part of the road as you head out to Moldova Veche, it's a sculpture of Decebal, the ruler of one of the people we Romanians come from.
On the left part of the road you have the great sight of the Danube and also on the Serbjian bank you might spot some medieval little citadels.
- In a nutshell:awsome landscapes along the way
Definitely by car!!! This way you get the chance to stop and admire the view whenever you wish to! more travel advice
ocean_fire's Related Pages
Badges & Stats in Moldova Veche
- 3 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Moldova Veche?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Moldova Veche
Photos in Moldova VecheSee All Photos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- Valencia Intro, 7 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- London Intro, 4 reviews, 9 photos
- Judetul Arges Intro, 4 reviews, 9 photos
- Moeciu de Jos Intro, 1 review, 10 photos, 2 travelogues
- Yellowstone National Park Intro, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Moldova Veche Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos
- Indian River Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
- Tivoli Intro, 6 photos, 1 travelogue
- Busteni Intro, 2 reviews, 4 photos
- Gradac Intro, 1 review, 5 photos