"Fort Bridger in Wyoming" Fort Bridger by christi_arne
Fort Bridger Travel Guide: 13 reviews and 42 photos
Fort Bridger was established by Jim Bridger and Louis Vasquez in 1843 as an emigrant supply stop along the Oregon Trail, it was obtained by the Mormons in the 1850s, it then became a military outpost in 1858.
In spite of temporary times of abandonment during the Civil War and then again during the late 1870s, Fort Bridger remained U.S.
Government property until 1890. After the post was abandoned, many of the buildings were sold at public auction and moved off the fort grounds to become homes, barns, and bunkhouses. For a time, the buildings that remained were allowed to fall into disrepair. After a period of neglect, various groups and individuals took interest in preserving and restoring what remained of Fort Bridger. In 1933 the property was dedicated as a Wyoming Historical Landmark and Museum.... check travelogue for more ;)
christi_arne's Related Pages
Fort Bridger Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Fort Bridger State Historic Site"
- "Diversion to Lyman and Fort Bridger"
- "Fort Bridger in Wyoming"
- "Basaic Fort Bridger Page"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Fort Bridger
- 0 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Fort Bridger?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Fort Bridger
Photos in Fort BridgerSee All Photos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- Schweinfurt Intro, 3 reviews, 18 photos, 3 travelogues
- Minnesota Intro, 1 review, 16 photos, 3 travelogues
- Würzburg Intro, 2 reviews, 12 photos, 2 travelogues
- Heidelberg Intro, 2 reviews, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Prague Intro, 3 reviews, 8 photos, 1 travelogue
- Washington D.C. Intro, 4 reviews, 5 photos
- Rothenburg ob der Tauber 1 review, 5 photos, 1 travelogue
- West Yellowstone Intro, 1 review, 5 photos, 1 travelogue
- Fort Bridger Intro, 6 photos, 1 travelogue
- London Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos