"Tybee Island is my Love" Top 5 Page for this destination Tybee Island by weebrie

Tybee Island Travel Guide: 92 reviews and 158 photos

My family is from Savannah (though I live outside Atlanta), and I've been going to Tybee since I was an infant. I have five Tybee bumper stickers on my car, I visit 4-5 times a year and I have a fierce love and understanding of the island. I'm a member of the Tybee Beautification Society, Tybee Historical Society and I support the Tybee Theater and Marine Center. My cat's name is Tybee. I could quote the history of the island, just about completely. My entire basement is decorated with nothing but Tybee-bought memorabilia. Yes - I'm a Tybee NERD. :)

• Pros:Old-time beach community, colorful characters and beautiful natural surroundings.
  • Cons:If you like Hilton Head, polo shirts and golf, you'll hate it.
  • In a nutshell:Come have a beer, make a friend, and leave the beaches the way you found them!
  • Last visit to Tybee Island: Jul 2005
  • Intro Written Aug 29, 2005

• Jul 23, 2008 at 3:34 AM

Tybee time sucks The bartender stole my wallet. When I returned, she asked if I had left it on the parking meter. (strange eh?) Hours later a man calle saying that he found it on the parking meter with the money gone. Coincidence// I think not.

• May 7, 2008 at 6:14 AM

When you are right, you're right! We drank the pina coladas all weekend. SUPER strong drinks. Very convenient.

Badges & Stats in Tybee Island

Have you been to Tybee Island?

Latest Activity in Tybee Island