"Cheung Chau Island" Cheung Chau by karen75
Cheung Chau Travel Guide: 3 reviews and 53 photos
Visited Cheung Chau Island for the day on March 26, 2005. Caught a ferry from Kowloon to Central, Hong Kong and then walked over to another ferry terminal to catch a ferry from Hong Kong to Cheung Chau Island. Swiped our Octopus Cards to get on the ferry (can't remember the price) and got on for the one hour ride. Met all of dad's old soccer buddies and the one who actually lives on the island guided us to the Cheung Chau Country Club restaurant for a quick lunch and then took us on a small tour of the island. My favourite part was walking the mini Great Wall. There were great views of the island (because it's crescent shaped) and the ocean on this walk.
- Pros:The scenic walk from the mini Great Wall
- Cons:It was a bit boring here
- In a nutshell:A one day visit is more then enough
karen75's Related Pages
Cheung Chau Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Cheung Chau, Hong Kong"
- "Cheung Chau Island"
- "Direct translation = Long Island"
- "Bun Festival in Cheung Chau"
- "Day Trip"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cheung Chau
- 0 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Cheung Chau?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cheung Chau
Top 10 Pages
- San Francisco Intro, 11 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Hong Kong Intro, 12 reviews, 15 photos
- Kaiping Intro, 13 reviews, 14 photos
- New Orleans Intro, 12 reviews, 13 photos
- Washington D.C. Intro, 9 reviews, 10 photos
- Shanghai Intro, 6 reviews, 11 photos
- Toronto Intro, 6 reviews, 9 photos
- Kowloon Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos
- Las Vegas Intro, 6 reviews, 6 photos
- Grand Cayman Intro, 2 reviews, 10 photos