"equllei's new Harvey's Lake Page" Harveys Lake by equllei

Harveys Lake Travel Guide: 2 reviews and 4 photos

The crazy summer of 1999....

Harvey's Lake, PA was my destination in 1999. I participated in the Work&Travel programme and was supposed to stay there from July till the end of November, working and having a chance to see places. I'd never been to the US before so that was a big deal for me. After a couple of days in NYC 2 of my friends and I took a bus to HL. I still remember the first time I saw the place - I remember I was thinking I had never seen more beautiful spot in my life! Beautiful lake, gorgeous views, the trees around the lake....I was overwhelmed by the charm of that place.

Although we had some bad experience with our first summer job we soon met some of the local people who helped us out (thank you Gerry, Richie and Katie, Lily and Jeannie, Rich and Peggy.....)

I had a fun summer - although I never learnt how to swim, I still spent hours on water, watching other ppl wakeboard, riding a boat....I'm never going to forget this.

And those unforgetable parties on a boat house - have you ever done tequila body shots? No? I'm telling you it's a lot of fun much fun ;)

• Last visit to Harveys Lake: Jul 1999
  • Intro Updated Jul 24, 2004

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Jul 23, 2004 at 4:59 PM

I enjoyed reading your great memories! YES, Americans I met in the US were (all and each) very freindly and hospitable.

equllei

“I will soon be back with more”

Badges & Stats in Harveys Lake

Have you been to Harveys Lake?

Photos in Harveys Lake