"The world is just a click away" yelyah99's Profile
Hi, I'm on VT because I want to share my travel experiences with others and to get tips for future trips.
I travel to broaden the mind. I feel that people who are well travelled are generally more tolerant, decent and interesting people. I love everything that changes when travelling - the change of pace, the different smell of the air, the strange food, the exotic climate... I'm addicted to the change. As soon as I've been in the same place for two months, I start getting itchy feet again. One day I'll be too old to do it all, so I have to do as much now as possible.
This picture perfectly encapsulates how I feel about travelling right now. It just seems that the world is an open book - you just have to decide which page you want to turn to... and do it!
Right now, I want to well and truly discover my own continent - Europe - before I start on Asia, the USA, etc. There's so much diversity on this continent anyway, so much to discover! It's going to be a while before I've been everywhere in Europe that I want to go.
For the next four or so years, I have travel goals - places I want to visit and I will aim to visit each year. I think this is really important or time disappears and you end up doing nothing. And life's too short for that :-)
So yes, I'm still on Europe in 2003, though I might go to the USA at Christmas.
Being away from home makes me much less self-involved. And since receiving a digital camera as a present last year, this has been even more true. I used to love being in photos, but now I'd much rather take them. I want to fill my travel pages with my own photographs as a record for myself, and so other people can appreciate them.
There's nothing more rewarding than capturing an image that has the power to take you right back to your trip - that way, your travels last beyond the time you spend there and beyond the fading of your memories.
Places I want to go to in the near future:
Unpopulated Greek Islands
My motto of the moment is:
The brave may not live forever, but the timid do not live at all.
Sometimes I think of it as:
The ambitious may not always win, but the lazy never win at all.
Whatever! The point is, make plans, try and do it, and if you don't, don't beat yourself up about it. Try and pack as much experience into your few years as you can.
I'm in the process of sharing my Italian travels with you all. Photos and tips will be up soon...
Next trip: Christmas!
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 72 Reviews
- 53 Photos
- 4 Countries
- 20 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
- yelyah99 and alyko are now friends.
- Commented on Paolo-Italy's profile page
- created a Finale Ligure Travel Page "Finally, Finale Ligure"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Finally, Finale Ligure"
- Wrote a Review Buy Miss Sixty in Finale in Finale Ligure Shopping
updated their Profile Page "The world is just a click away"
Top 10 Pages
- Barcelona Intro, 15 reviews, 14 photos
- Venice Intro, 12 reviews, 10 photos
- Finale Ligure Intro, 8 reviews, 2 photos
- Los Angeles Intro, 7 reviews, 2 photos
- Florence 6 reviews
- Bassano del Grappa Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Urbino Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
- Murano Intro, 1 review, 3 photos
- Sassari Intro, 3 reviews, 1 photo
- Bologna Intro, 1 review, 2 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (1)
- Paris Hotels
- 22200 Reviews - 54008 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15557 Reviews - 30993 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3082 Reviews - 5778 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23039 Reviews - 47275 Photos
- Myrtle Beach Hotels
- 319 Reviews - 425 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 11942 Reviews - 26476 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 1912 Reviews - 4527 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1930 Reviews - 3719 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8369 Reviews - 17097 Photos
- Toronto Hotels
- 4277 Reviews - 8800 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 325 Reviews - 885 Photos
- Panama City Beach Hotels
- 193 Reviews - 288 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7699 Reviews - 19779 Photos
- Melbourne Hotels
- 3342 Reviews - 7500 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2421 Reviews - 6530 Photos