Miami Beach Local Custom Tips by vanessadb Top 5 Page for this destination
Miami Beach Local Customs: 23 reviews and 26 photos
Every year, the magazine Ocean Drive organizes a volleyball tournament. What makes it so special? Only models play!!!
The tournament lasts one weekend, both Saturday and Sunday all day, on Ocean and 9th street, and attracts a very big crowd, not surprisingly. At night, they also have many events going on in the fashionable South Beach clubs.
So for all you guys out there, if you want to see all these models in bikinis and playing volleyball, see you next year in February!
PS: Yes girls, there are also guys models participating....
Segafredo on Lincoln Road
On Friday afternoons, people tend to get off work early (or not) and head to happy hour. It is the time to forget about your week and start your weekend. It is mostly an excuse to party and drink of course. Almost every bar has happy hour specials, meaning two drinks for the price of one for example.
Then there are also the trendy places that don't need to have these specials to pack up, such as Segafredo's (1040 Lincoln Rd on South Beach) an outside European looking terrace. Their drinks are expensive, but here it's all about to see and mostly be seen!
Phone: (305) 673-0047
The coffee that most people drink here in Miami is a shot of Cuban coffee, which I call Cuban crack... as you might already now, Cubans are very numerous and powerful in Miami, and their coffee is made very strong with lots of sugar. Very sweet, delicious, but very dangerous as well: it is WICKED!
Order a colada from any Cuban cafeteria or restaurant (Versailles, David's Cafe, La Carreta, etc...) which will come with little plastic shot glasses. Don't drink more than two if you don't want to be literally wired for the next 12 hours though!
And for those of you who speak Spanish, I'll sum it up this way: El café cubano es al mundo del café lo que el tequila al mundo del licor. Ni se sorbe ni se saborea......¡se bebe!
More Reviews (51)
- See All The Miami Zoo
- See All The REAL south beach scene
- See All Taste the authentic Latin South Beach
- See All The All American experience!
- See All The Versace mansion
- Suntan protection
vanessadb's Related Pages
Miami Beach Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "South Miami Beach, Miami, Florida"
- "Decadent Holiday in Miami Beach/South Beach"
- "The Best of Miami & Miami Beach"
- "Hexe in South Beach"
- "Very Sexy Miami"
- "South Beach"
- "Lovely Miami"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Miami Beach
- Hotels in Miami Beach
- Transportation in Miami Beach
- Nightlife in Miami Beach
- Restaurants in Miami Beach
- Shopping in Miami Beach
- Warnings and Dangers in Miami Beach
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Miami Beach
- 54 Reviews
- 61 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 62 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Miami Beach?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Miami Beach
Photos in Miami BeachSee All Photos (61)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Miami Beach Intro, 54 reviews, 61 photos, 2 travelogues
- Madrid Intro, 39 reviews, 54 photos, 2 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 27 reviews, 29 photos, 2 travelogues
- Quebec Intro, 8 reviews, 43 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lausanne Intro, 24 reviews, 24 photos, 1 travelogue
- Geneva Intro, 23 reviews, 19 photos
- Florence Intro, 9 reviews, 29 photos, 4 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 16 reviews, 19 photos
- Boston Intro, 6 reviews, 26 photos, 4 travelogues
- Key West Intro, 13 reviews, 18 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (18)
- Ocean Drive- 14 Reviews, 22 Photos
- Little Havana- 7 Reviews, 12 Photos
- Beach- 35 Reviews, 49 Photos
- Art Tropical Deco- 21 Reviews, 27 Photos
- Lincoln Road- 11 Reviews, 17 Photos
- Vizcaya- 9 Reviews, 12 Photos
- Espanola Way- 2 Reviews, 8 Photos
- South Beach- 2 Reviews, 10 Photos
- Wolfsonian- 3 Reviews, 3 Photos
- Zoo- 1 Review
See All Miami Beach Things to Do