"Luanco" Luanco by vanessadb

Luanco Travel Guide: 5 reviews and 89 photos

House with a view

My father had the bright idea to buy a house in Luanco, Summer destination in the North of Spain, where he used to spend his holidays as a kid. Here's the view from the house which I tend to come to every year to escape the Madrid Summer heat !

A fishermen village

Luanco is a small city, or rather big village, which reaches its maximum occupancy during the Summer months. It is above all a fishermen place and has charming houses and small pedestrian streets.

Being on the Northern coast of Spain, it is quite cold and rainy, even during the Summer.

The region is also known for its gastronomy, so don't miss tasting the fresh seafood and delicious typical recipes!

• In a nutshell:A charming fishermen village...
  • Last visit to Luanco: Jul 2004
  • Intro Updated Jul 12, 2004

• BluBluBlu's Profile Photo
    Jul 25, 2006 at 3:27 AM

Sounds a charming place Vanessa...Blu

• nickandchris's Profile Photo
    Jun 28, 2006 at 9:06 AM

This looks like my sort of place. And cider as well.... Love the stuff.

• Ben-UK's Profile Photo
    Jan 7, 2006 at 10:49 AM

I like places that have harbours like that -- I'd enjoy that tortilla Espanola too -- maybe with a sidra or two to follow ....

• tak_pap's Profile Photo
    Nov 10, 2004 at 7:22 AM

so beautiful place ! great site and photos

• Geisha_Girl's Profile Photo
    Aug 9, 2003 at 9:14 AM

This place looks quite charming! Only one tip, Vanessa, but it's a GREAT tip! I'll have to remember that word: "sidreria." Let's see how many gulps it takes for me to slur my Spanish! ;-)

• agarcia's Profile Photo
    Aug 4, 2003 at 12:34 PM

Did you get drunk very fast with sidra? No, no me respondas, creo que me se la respuesta :-p

• Carmela71's Profile Photo
    Mar 26, 2003 at 12:44 AM

I have not been yet, but it is on mind to travel a little more around the north coast of Spain... Beautiful views of the house!

• cbeaujean's Profile Photo
    Feb 7, 2003 at 9:03 AM

a page written with your heart...

vanessadb

“Only regret what you did not do!”

Badges & Stats in Luanco