Madrid Transportation Tips by vanessadb
Madrid Transportation: 414 reviews and 433 photos
The subway system in Madrid is, inmho, one of the best (if not THE best) in the world. In the past few years, it has improved substantially: it has become safe* and the amount of lines and stations has grown. It is the best and easiest way to go around the city other than the bus system (which is harder to use if you don't know the city), except for walking that is! =D
It is also the cheapest and fastest way to arrive to the city from the airport and vice versa!
Single tickets are 1.10 euros and tickets including 10 trips are 5.20 euros... do the math! ;-) (btw these tickets are valid for the buses too)
* even if it is safe, as everywhere and with everything use precautions and common sense (for example don't take the subway alone at 3am and close your purse if the wagon is packed...)
More Reviews (38)
- See All Favourite nightclub
- See All Most authentic Asian in town
- See All 2 star hotel in Salamanca district
- See All The Fiestas of August
vanessadb's Related Pages
Madrid Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "¡Bienvenido a Madrid!/Welcome to Madrid!"
- "Madrid is where I live"
- "Madrid: My home for 3 fantastic weeks!"
- "Home is where you're always from"
- "WONDERFUL MADRID"
- "As we say in Andalucia, Madri"
- "Hablemos de Madrid (Let's talk about Madrid)"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Madrid
- Hotels in Madrid
- Transportation in Madrid
- Nightlife in Madrid
- Restaurants in Madrid
- Shopping in Madrid
- Warnings and Dangers in Madrid
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Madrid
- 39 Reviews
- 54 Photos
- 10 Forum posts
- 60 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Madrid?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Madrid
Photos in MadridSee All Photos (54)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Miami Beach Intro, 54 reviews, 61 photos, 2 travelogues
- Madrid Intro, 39 reviews, 54 photos, 2 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 27 reviews, 29 photos, 2 travelogues
- Quebec Intro, 8 reviews, 43 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lausanne Intro, 24 reviews, 24 photos, 1 travelogue
- Geneva Intro, 23 reviews, 19 photos
- Florence Intro, 9 reviews, 29 photos, 4 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 16 reviews, 19 photos
- Boston Intro, 6 reviews, 26 photos, 4 travelogues
- Key West Intro, 13 reviews, 18 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (18)
- Plaza Mayor- 141 Reviews, 250 Photos
- Retiro Park- 122 Reviews, 237 Photos
- Prado Museum- 150 Reviews, 212 Photos
- Royal Palace- 118 Reviews, 219 Photos
- Puerta del Sol- 79 Reviews, 129 Photos
- Almudena Cathedral- 63 Reviews, 121 Photos
- Gran Via- 44 Reviews, 71 Photos
- Bullfighting- 54 Reviews, 74 Photos
- Atocha- 35 Reviews, 65 Photos
- Reina Sofia Museum- 50 Reviews, 70 Photos
See All Madrid Things to Do