"Shopping like mad!" King of Prussia by Belsaita

King of Prussia Travel Guide: 11 reviews and 19 photos

This is, by far, the HUGEST shopping mall I ever seen. Well, some say it's the biggest mall in the US (others say it's the biggest of the East Coast and there is an ever bigger somewhere in West Coast, it seems it depends in you account some stores and cinemas as part of the mall or not... or at least this is what I was told by my colleages)

In any case, apart from byzantine discussions about it's size, it's a shopper's paradise. And it's tax free!

I would never been to the US just for shopping, of course. I'm not a big fan of malls. These are so dull, they look about the same all over the world, for me this one was like the Barcelona's mall "Gran Via 2" on hormones!! :))

But it happens that my company's headquarters are located in Wayne, PA, next to King of Prussia. Every time we have a company meeting the staff from other offices stay at the Hotel Crowne Plaza Valley Forge, just in the mall area. So, as I usually arrive the day before the meeting, I've some time for shopping on these business trips. Not bad.... it keeps me awake despite the jetlag! ;)

• Pros:You can find there (nearly) anything you want or need
  • Cons:Too big, go plenty of time or carefully plan your shopping!
  • Last visit to King of Prussia: Nov 2006
  • Intro Updated Apr 7, 2007

• globetrott's Profile Photo
    Mar 6, 2010 at 1:07 AM

Well, some VTers go to Hell and to Fùcking for VT, others to Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch and You go shopping to the King of Prussia !

• craic's Profile Photo
    Sep 19, 2009 at 5:16 PM

How do some places get their names? (BTW we are next to each other on the rankings this week.)

• bijo69's Profile Photo
    Oct 31, 2007 at 5:07 AM

King of Prussia-what a name!lol

Belsaita

“la Dodo l? la!!”

Badges & Stats in King of Prussia

Have you been to King of Prussia?