"Barcelona es bona..." Top 5 Page for this destination Barcelona by Belsaita

Barcelona Travel Guide: 9,662 reviews and 22,136 photos

There is an old saying:

"Barcelona es bona si la bossa sona. Tant si sona com si no sona, Barcelona es bona"

(Rough translation: Barcelona is good, if the (money)bag sounds. Even it sounds or it does not sound, Barcelona is good)

Nowadays it's still true, or even more true than ever. Barcelona is VERY expensive (we locals suffer it). But it has plenty of opportunities, even if you don't have a big budget. Come and see!

The picture of the new Agbar Tower appeared in "La Vanguardia" (top local newspaper) on September 18 2005, the day after the official inauguration. During the previous nights, they were doing lighting tests. As one of these nights was nice and warm, we came to see, as many neighbours did... You can imagine our surprise when we saw the pic on the newspaper next Sunday!... Wow, look! I'm here!! (the shorter one with more hair... ;o)). Thanks so much to the photographer, Alex Garcia, and to "La Vanguardia" staff for emailing us the picture in good resolution.

Welcome to Barcelona!

Barcelona is not only Las Ramblas and a few odd buildings from Gaudi. You "must" see these... but with so many tourists around you will not feel the genuine vibe of the city. Dare to explore. Don’t just follow the flock. Barcelona is plenty of nice corners and hidden gems... wander out the main stream... you'll see the real stuff (for good and bad, but I still think the balance is positive).

Discover "your" Barcelona, she's waiting for you! But... be careful... she can haunt you forever.

Daytrips

If you spend some days in Barcelona, there are many possibilities for daytrips. There are many interesting places not so far away, and most of them easy to reach by public transport, for instance:

- Vilanova i La Geltru
- Pals
- Canet de Mar
- Girona

and many more! I'm working on others like Figueres, Cadaqués, Besalú, Sitges, Tarragona... (but writting tips and uploading pics take time!)

I added as well some tips about the "Route of Wine and Cava", the "Route of Xató", amazing Montserrat, and the gorgeous Vall de Nuria on the Barcelona Off The Beaten Path section. These can be done as daytrips or weekend trips, so you can see a bit of the countryside, and experience the local wine and food culture. Countries are not only cities!

I'll be adding tips, both from Barcelona and surroundings, but I've to find the time!! (do not hesitate to email me if you think I can help you in any way)

• Pros:You have here (nearly) everything: culture, fun, beach...
  • Cons:The bad sides any big city has, plus being too crowded and too expensive
  • In a nutshell:I'm in love with this city, so I'm not objective!
  • Intro Updated Apr 9, 2013

• Inguuna's Profile Photo
    Nov 2, 2014 at 4:22 AM

Hola Isa :) Very interesting and informative local guide, I liked it. I'm planning few day stay at your city :) Cold greetings from Riga.

• CatherineReichardt's Profile Photo
    Oct 12, 2013 at 6:42 AM

What an amazing page, Isa - I haven't enjoyed reading a member's writing so much in a long time! Your advice has been invaluable, and I so enjoy your personal perspective - well done!

• Regina1965's Profile Photo
    Jan 6, 2012 at 11:16 AM

A lovely city, Barcelona, have been there ones on a company trip, but we were kind of rushed through it, but have spent months on end in Torremolinos. Oh, yes, the caganer, have seen them, did not know what they were about, thanks for explaining ;)

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Jan 6, 2012 at 8:57 AM

Hola, Isa! Thanks for your great page! ><><><

• Roadquill's Profile Photo
    Nov 10, 2011 at 12:29 PM

I put the video at Electricidad on my Barcelona page. I don't see it going viral yet. We also went to the Absenta Bar you and I passed, and I put a travelogue on it. Best, Karl

• ranger49's Profile Photo
    Aug 5, 2011 at 3:15 AM

Really helpful updates on restaurants! We had a snack in the Textil Cafe after leaving the Picasso Museum, in the courtyard protected by a large tree from the rain. Nice to be reminded of it- and a pretty little lamp from the shop is still in daily use

• giampiero6's Profile Photo
    Aug 5, 2011 at 2:58 AM

What a great intro to "barna". I MUST get there. Fascinating local customs !XxG

• Sjalen's Profile Photo
    Jul 28, 2011 at 4:55 AM

Incredibly informative, thanks!

• zachmarie's Profile Photo
    May 26, 2011 at 1:18 AM

Hope there is some way to totally abolish this inhuman activity known as the "bull fighting"

• Redang's Profile Photo
    May 17, 2011 at 9:51 AM

A ver si me dejo caer por allí un día (Montserrat incluido)

Belsaita Lives Here!

Belsaita

“la Dodo le la!! ”

Badges & Stats in Barcelona

• 2,026 Forum posts

Have you been to Barcelona?

Latest Activity in Barcelona