"Barcelona es bona..." Top 5 Page for this destination Barcelona by Belsaita
Barcelona Travel Guide: 9,539 reviews and 21,846 photos
There is an old saying:
"Barcelona es bona si la bossa sona. Tant si sona com si no sona, Barcelona es bona"
(Rough translation: Barcelona is good, if the (money)bag sounds. Even it sounds or it does not sound, Barcelona is good)
Nowadays it's still true, or even more true than ever. Barcelona is VERY expensive (we locals suffer it). But it has plenty of opportunities, even if you don't have a big budget. Come and see!
The picture of the new Agbar Tower appeared in "La Vanguardia" (top local newspaper) on September 18 2005, the day after the official inauguration. During the previous nights, they were doing lighting tests. As one of these nights was nice and warm, we came to see, as many neighbours did... You can imagine our surprise when we saw the pic on the newspaper next Sunday!... Wow, look! I'm here!! (the shorter one with more hair... ;o)). Thanks so much to the photographer, Alex Garcia, and to "La Vanguardia" staff for emailing us the picture in good resolution.
Barcelona is not only Las Ramblas and a few odd buildings from Gaudi. You "must" see these... but with so many tourists around you will not feel the genuine vibe of the city. Dare to explore. Don’t just follow the flock. Barcelona is plenty of nice corners and hidden gems... wander out the main stream... you'll see the real stuff (for good and bad, but I still think the balance is positive).
Discover "your" Barcelona, she's waiting for you! But... be careful... she can haunt you forever.
If you spend some days in Barcelona, there are many possibilities for daytrips. There are many interesting places not so far away, and most of them easy to reach by public transport, for instance:
- Vilanova i La Geltru
- Canet de Mar
and many more! I'm working on others like Figueres, Cadaqués, Besalú, Sitges, Tarragona... (but writting tips and uploading pics take time!)
I added as well some tips about the "Route of Wine and Cava", the "Route of Xató", amazing Montserrat, and the gorgeous Vall de Nuria on the Barcelona Off The Beaten Path section. These can be done as daytrips or weekend trips, so you can see a bit of the countryside, and experience the local wine and food culture. Countries are not only cities!
I'll be adding tips, both from Barcelona and surroundings, but I've to find the time!! (do not hesitate to email me if you think I can help you in any way)
- Pros:You have here (nearly) everything: culture, fun, beach...
- Cons:The bad sides any big city has, plus being too crowded and too expensive
- In a nutshell:I'm in love with this city, so I'm not objective!
Dos Cielos = Two Skies Small restaurant at the at the top of the ME hotel (one of the tallest buildings in town). Two... more travel advice
... and I have been to quite a few great restaurants in different countries. This is not a place for everybody and even... more travel advice
- See All Flamenco
- See All Leisure/scenic transports
- See All Fashion and tea
- nice budget accomodation
- See All NEVER call this city "Barca", please
Belsaita's Related Pages
Barcelona Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Barcelona es bona..."
- "Seamandrew's Barcelona Page"
- "Truly Catalunya, Truly Spain"
- "Barcelona,one of the most beautiful Spanish cities"
- "Addictive Barcelona"
- "BCN, a mediterranean capital"
- "Gaudi is Not the Only Site in the City"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Barcelona
- Hotels in Barcelona
- Transportation in Barcelona
- Nightlife in Barcelona
- Restaurants in Barcelona
- Shopping in Barcelona
- Warnings and Dangers in Barcelona
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Barcelona
- 99 Reviews
- 155 Photos
- 2,005 Forum posts
- 135 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (43)
Have you been to Barcelona?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Barcelona
- Posted in Travel Barcelona Forum "Re: What to do when travelling to..."
- updated a Barcelona Travel Page "Barcelona es bona..."
- Uploaded a Photo to "Sagrada Familia"
- Uploaded a Video to Barcelona
- Wrote a Review Lovely venue for a special night in Barcelona Restaurants
- Commented on one of Winksc's Barcelona travel pages
Photos in BarcelonaSee All Photos (155)
Videos in BarcelonaSee All Videos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Barcelona Intro, 99 reviews, 159 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Girona Intro, 18 reviews, 63 photos, 4 travelogues
- Karlsruhe Intro, 75 photos, 9 travelogues
- Madrid Intro, 14 reviews, 37 photos, 3 travelogues
- Athens Intro, 2 reviews, 43 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santo Domingo Intro, 19 reviews, 26 photos
- Copenhagen Intro, 11 reviews, 29 photos
- Vilanova i la Geltru Intro, 18 reviews, 21 photos
- Queralbs Intro, 7 reviews, 31 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Minorca Island Intro, 16 reviews, 20 photos