"VALL DE NURIA" Queralbs by Belsaita
Queralbs Travel Guide: 7 reviews and 31 photos
Vall de Núria, near the town of Queralbs, is an easy trip from Barcelona, so is very popular among us Barcelonins when we get fed up of the city stress and we want to escape to the nature for a while.
Apart from its natural value, the place has as well an important religiuos and historical significance.
You can "do" Nuria as a daytrip, but to make the full of it, at last an overnight stay is advisable (an at least a couple of nights if you want to do the one of the longer trails). There are an hotel just next to the Sanctuary, apartments and a hostel that's pretty nice (amazing views) and good value.
The Monastery is not so spectacular on itself but there are great trails departing from there. The most famous are climbing El Puigmal and/or Pic de Finestrelles (quite difficult) but there are many easier (but beautiful) trails. You can ask for maps and itineraries, as well as other outdoor activitis, at the visitors' centre next to the monastery. You can learn about the history of the place and the rackway, and about the nature and environement at the small exhibition centre.
If you have only one day in Nuria and like mountain walking, or for your way down on your last vacation day (as we did),... more travel advice
The present church was inaugurated in 1911. Later, new hostel buildings were also built and, in 1931, the cog railway... more travel advice
Belsaita's Related Pages
Queralbs Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Queralbs
- 7 Reviews
- 31 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 11 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (47)
Have you been to Queralbs?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Queralbs
Photos in QueralbsSee All Photos (31)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Barcelona Intro, 101 reviews, 160 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Girona Intro, 18 reviews, 63 photos, 4 travelogues
- Karlsruhe Intro, 1 review, 78 photos, 9 travelogues
- Madrid Intro, 14 reviews, 37 photos, 3 travelogues
- Mandalay Intro, 14 reviews, 37 photos
- Athens Intro, 2 reviews, 43 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santo Domingo Intro, 19 reviews, 26 photos
- Copenhagen Intro, 11 reviews, 29 photos
- Vilanova i la Geltru Intro, 18 reviews, 21 photos
- Queralbs Intro, 7 reviews, 31 photos, 2 travelogues