"GIRONA" Top 5 Page for this destination Girona by Belsaita
Girona Travel Guide: 441 reviews and 1,245 photos
Ryanair and other low-cost companies have brought Girona to the map of international travel in recent years. However, most tourists just arrive to GRO airport, immediately leaving to Barcelona or to the Costa Brava beach resorts.
If you allow some time (at last one day) to Girona, you will enjoy a real gem. Girona is a perfect place to get lost, just to soak in the atmosphere of the Old Town. If you love history, you can’t miss it. Great picture opportunities too.
Girona is very Catalan (for good and for bad). Barcelona is a cosmopolitan city, the beach resorts are just “international”. If you are interested in Catalan culture, language and traditions, this is a good place to start.
- Pros:easy to reach (cheap flights), small size, history, culture, food
- Cons:still to be found :)
- In a nutshell:a gem for culture and history lovers
If there is a "thing to do" in Girona is wandering around. Wear a pair of comfy shoes on your feet and get lost. Climb... more travel advice
"Antiga" means old or ancient in Catalan. This is certainly a lovely old-style place. Very nice for having a rest. Even... more travel advice
Belsaita's Related Pages
Girona Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Medieval beauty"
- "Girona – medieval splendour of Catalonia"
- "Really worth it!"
- "The GIRONA experience!"
- "Girona versus Barcelona"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Girona
- Hotels in Girona
- Transportation in Girona
- Nightlife in Girona
- Restaurants in Girona
- Shopping in Girona
- Warnings and Dangers in Girona
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Girona
- 18 Reviews
- 63 Photos
- 52 Forum posts
- 19 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (43)
Have you been to Girona?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Girona
Photos in GironaSee All Photos (63)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Barcelona Intro, 101 reviews, 160 photos, 5 travelogues
- Marrakesh Intro, 21 reviews, 60 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Girona Intro, 18 reviews, 63 photos, 4 travelogues
- Karlsruhe Intro, 1 review, 78 photos, 9 travelogues
- Madrid Intro, 14 reviews, 37 photos, 3 travelogues
- Mandalay Intro, 14 reviews, 37 photos
- Athens Intro, 2 reviews, 43 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santo Domingo Intro, 19 reviews, 26 photos
- Copenhagen Intro, 11 reviews, 29 photos
- Vilanova i la Geltru Intro, 18 reviews, 21 photos