Minorca Island Transportation Tips by Belsaita Top 5 Page for this destination
Minorca Island Transportation: 21 reviews and 24 photos
our rental car, parked in Maó
You can see a good bit of the island by public transport. You can reach by bus (more or less frequent) all the main towns/resorts, even some popular beaches,. However, some of the best spots of the island only may be reached by car, bike, boat... or feet!
So, even the island is not big; having your own car will give you the freedom to discover it by yourself. You can easily reach by car and a short walk many "off the beaten track" small beaches and beautiful landscapes that would be very dificult to reach otherwise.
Besides, you may know that depending on the winds, usually you have one side of the island with quiet sea, while the other is having big waves. Depending what you want to do, you should go to one side or the other (i.e. you want to sail, snorkel…). Therefore, having a car is a must as you just go to the opposite side if the one where you are is the “wrong” one this particular day!!
Type: Car/Motor Home
More Reviews (15)
Belsaita's Related Pages
Minorca Island Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Menorca: Sun, Sea, Sand And, Err, Fiesta!"
- ""Cala n Bosc""
- "La Isla Bonita"
- "A little island with loads of history"
- "The Balearic Boomerang"
- "Menorca - A fascinating island in the Balearics"
- "Family Fun"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Minorca Island
- Hotels in Minorca Island
- Transportation in Minorca Island
- Nightlife in Minorca Island
- Restaurants in Minorca Island
- Shopping in Minorca Island
- Warnings and Dangers in Minorca Island
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Minorca Island
- 16 Reviews
- 20 Photos
- 11 Forum posts
- 14 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (45)
Have you been to Minorca Island?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Minorca Island
Photos in Minorca IslandSee All Photos (20)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Barcelona Intro, 99 reviews, 159 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Girona Intro, 18 reviews, 63 photos, 4 travelogues
- Karlsruhe Intro, 75 photos, 9 travelogues
- Madrid Intro, 14 reviews, 37 photos, 3 travelogues
- Athens Intro, 2 reviews, 43 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santo Domingo Intro, 19 reviews, 26 photos
- Copenhagen Intro, 11 reviews, 29 photos
- Vilanova i la Geltru Intro, 18 reviews, 21 photos
- Queralbs Intro, 7 reviews, 31 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Minorca Island Intro, 16 reviews, 20 photos