Minorca Island Hotel Tips by Belsaita Top 5 Page for this destination
Minorca Island Hotels: 22 reviews and 33 photos
At the old staircase of Casa Albertí.
We found it by chance, on a last minute internet search... It seemed too good to be true, but is one of the nicest small hotels I've been.
The location is in the centre of Maó, close to the City Hall square. It is definitely not the typical location for a beach and sun holiday, but as we had a rental car, and we were more interested on exploring the island than lying on the sand, it was not a problem .
Unique Qualities: Do you want to spend a few days in an old mansion from 1740, recently restored and decorated with an exquisite taste and all modern facilities?
You’ll have a nice room with your own bathroom (all refurbished a couple of years ago). If you are a group you can rent “the apartment” on the last floor. The place has a pleasant tearrace/solarium on the top, and a few of common lounges were to relax, parlour gaming, music listening or TV watching.
The breakfasts were fabulous, served in the big table of the kitchen, with views to the patio. All fresh local products: typical Maó cheese, “carn i xua” and “butifarra” (local seasoned sausages), “ensaimadas” (local pastries), coffee or tea, fresh fruits…yummy!
Finally yet importantly, the manager, Dani, and all other member of the staff, so attentive and helpful, all of them will make your stay unforgettable. The place was “friendly-to-any-kind-of-nice-people” (when we were there the other clients were a gay couple and 2 families with kids).
Address: Calle Isabel II, 9. 07701 Maó , Menorca
Comparison: about average
Directions: Maó old town, close to Postal Office and commercial area.
Phone: +34 971354210
Theme: Bed and Breakfast
More Reviews (15)
Belsaita's Related Pages
Minorca Island Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Menorca: Sun, Sea, Sand And, Err, Fiesta!"
- ""Cala n Bosc""
- "La Isla Bonita"
- "A little island with loads of history"
- "The Balearic Boomerang"
- "Menorca - A fascinating island in the Balearics"
- "Family Fun"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Minorca Island
- Hotels in Minorca Island
- Transportation in Minorca Island
- Nightlife in Minorca Island
- Restaurants in Minorca Island
- Shopping in Minorca Island
- Warnings and Dangers in Minorca Island
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Minorca Island
- 16 Reviews
- 20 Photos
- 11 Forum posts
- 13 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (41)
Have you been to Minorca Island?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Minorca Island
Photos in Minorca IslandSee All Photos (20)
Read real reviews about Minorca Island Hotels!
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Barcelona Intro, 100 reviews, 160 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Girona Intro, 18 reviews, 63 photos, 4 travelogues
- Karlsruhe Intro, 75 photos, 9 travelogues
- Madrid Intro, 14 reviews, 37 photos, 3 travelogues
- Athens Intro, 2 reviews, 43 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santo Domingo Intro, 19 reviews, 26 photos
- Copenhagen Intro, 11 reviews, 29 photos
- Vilanova i la Geltru Intro, 18 reviews, 21 photos
- Queralbs Intro, 7 reviews, 31 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Minorca Island Intro, 16 reviews, 20 photos