"Medieval town of Pals" Top 5 Page for this destination Pals by Belsaita
Pals Travel Guide: 52 reviews and 161 photos
It's quite interesting that the medieval town of Pals, was once a seaport in a rice-growing area. Now it's located inland due to silting.
You'll find a very well-preserved medieval village (even a little too well restored!). You have sometimes this "theme park" feeling, too many tacky souvenir shops around... but nice anyway. Pals is still a great place to wander around, and there are a couple of pleasant bars to rest having a cold drink. I cannot speak about meals, as we had lunch in the way from Barcelona (at Sant Feliu de Guixols)
Better go off-season, it gets crowded during summer.
Nice corners to discover...
The beach is now about 6km. from the old town.
(See my tip for more info about these huge aerials there)
- Pros:A good alternative to beach activities, in case the weather turns unfavorable, or just to see something “different”.
- Cons:Crowded during peak season
Belsaita's Related Pages
Pals Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A beautiful medieval town."
- "Medieval town of Pals"
- "Finding a small quite town"
- "Pals town Journey"
- "Suprising PALS"
- "Summerholiday 2006 in Spain"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Pals
- Hotels in Pals
- Transportation in Pals
- Nightlife in Pals
- Restaurants in Pals
- Warnings and Dangers in Pals
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Pals
- 1 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (43)
Have you been to Pals?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pals
Photos in PalsSee All Photos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Barcelona Intro, 99 reviews, 159 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Girona Intro, 18 reviews, 63 photos, 4 travelogues
- Karlsruhe Intro, 75 photos, 9 travelogues
- Madrid Intro, 14 reviews, 37 photos, 3 travelogues
- Athens Intro, 2 reviews, 43 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santo Domingo Intro, 19 reviews, 26 photos
- Copenhagen Intro, 11 reviews, 29 photos
- Vilanova i la Geltru Intro, 18 reviews, 21 photos
- Queralbs Intro, 7 reviews, 31 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Minorca Island Intro, 16 reviews, 20 photos