"Where I lived for many years..." Zaragoza by Belsaita
Zaragoza Travel Guide: 130 reviews and 363 photos
I was supposed to spend one year in Zaragoza, but I one year followed another... and finally were near 18 years! Wonderful memories, life-long good friends. Now, I do return from time to time, a part of my heart is still there.
IMO, Zaragoza itself is a "hidden gem". Unknown for many tourists, the old city is lovely, but most visitors only do a short visit to "El Pilar" (a famous basilica, you can see some frescos from Goya and his disciple Bayeu here) and run away. However, next to El Pilar you have a less known church: the cathedral know as "La Seo", one of the most beautiful Gothic buildings in Spain, recently restored. La Seo was build using part of the old Mosque after the Re-conquest, now a beautiful wall can be admired from the street. Zaragoza has as well one of the best preserved Muslim palaces in Spain (Palacio de la Aljaferia, now the regional parliament), some nice museums (Gargallo, Serrano...) In addition, Zaragoza has a vibrant nightlife, and great food: you can try some of the best tapas in Spain there!
As per daytrips, Zaragoza is a bit in the middle of nowhere, even there are many interesting places not so far away: if you have a few days you can go to the Pyrenees (you can set Jaca as base for many interesting daytrips), or do the "Mudejar route" (Teruel - world heritage site, Albarracin...). Closer to Zaragoza you can visit the "Monasterio de Piedra" (not only a monastery, it's a beautiful natural park), visit the town of Fuendetodos (birthplace of Goya), you can go to Barbastro (Somontano area) doing a wineries tour...
Well... you may google these names, I can speak for hours!
You may have a look at this website:
I did not find the time to write tips about Zaragoza yet...
- Pros:Friendly city, big enough to have all you need, small enough to have it at hand
- Cons:I could not find a the kind of job I wanted here, so I had to leave :(
- In a nutshell:I'm not objective, so many good memories!
When in Zaragoza, some of my "must do" would be (in no particular order): - Palacio de la Aljaferia - La Seo - La... more travel advice
Belsaita's Related Pages
Zaragoza Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Camí de Sant Jaume 280k Montserrat to Zaragoza"
- "Where I lived for many years..."
- "Zaragoza and "Fiesta el Pilar""
- See All...
- Things to Do in Zaragoza
- Hotels in Zaragoza
- Transportation in Zaragoza
- Nightlife in Zaragoza
- Restaurants in Zaragoza
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Zaragoza
- 3 Reviews
- 0 Photos
- 23 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (43)
Have you been to Zaragoza?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Zaragoza
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Barcelona Intro, 99 reviews, 159 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Girona Intro, 18 reviews, 63 photos, 4 travelogues
- Karlsruhe Intro, 75 photos, 9 travelogues
- Madrid Intro, 14 reviews, 37 photos, 3 travelogues
- Athens Intro, 2 reviews, 43 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santo Domingo Intro, 19 reviews, 26 photos
- Copenhagen Intro, 11 reviews, 29 photos
- Vilanova i la Geltru Intro, 18 reviews, 21 photos
- Queralbs Intro, 7 reviews, 31 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Minorca Island Intro, 16 reviews, 20 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (158)
Latest Zaragoza hotel reviews
- Hostal Plaza
- 4 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 26, 2013
- Palafox Hotel
- 72 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 29, 2013
- Central Zaragoza Hotel
- 1 Review & Opinion
- Hotel El Principe
- 9 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jan 24, 2013
- MELIA ZARAGOZA
- 45 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 25, 2013
- Ibis Zaragoza Centro
- 58 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 15, 2013
- Hostal Paraiso
- 2 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 13, 2013
- Hotel Sauce
- 154 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 12, 2013
- Hotel Hiberus
- 9 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 15, 2013
- Monasterio de Piedra
- 18 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 9, 2013