"Beach, sand and sun... and more..." Top 5 Page for this destination Bayahibe by Belsaita

Bayahibe Travel Guide: 82 reviews and 207 photos

.. y una Presidente muuuuy fria, por favor!!

The Southeast region of Dominican Republic comprises the areas of Boca Chica, Juan Dolio, La Romana and Higuey. Due our really short visit, our Dominican friend proposed a short trip to Bayahibe. As he had to work on the Wendsday morning, but he could take a couple of days off later, we left Santo Domingo on Wendsday afternoon. The journey was about one hour and half, crossing the sugar fields and beautiful countryside scenery. Close to La Romana (well know touristy area) is the town of Bayahibe. A quiet fishermen's village a few years ago... Now it's pretty touristy, but still nice and quite "authentic". From there depart the boats to Saona Island, and it seems it’s a great place for diving... Next time!!!

This time, our short but intense visit comprised a nice evening, having dinner and dancing at local small places in the village, a few hours to sleep and recover, and a relaxing Thursday morning in the paradise-like beach. Wish I was here… We had a good lunch in a restaurant in the same beach, a nice siesta below the palm trees… until the rain wakeup us! We returned to Santo Domingo under a heavy rain. Well, it was rainy season anyway so we can’t complaint!… in fact, it was interesting to see how local crazy traffic don’t stop even in the worse climate conditions :-)

For more info: bayahibenet

You MUST dance!!!

Do not believe people that say there is no life outside the resorts... is just they have not ventured to find it!

The locals know how to move thier bodies. But you should try. Even if you are a complete disaster dancing salsa... have fun!!

Paradise...

We stopped in Boca Chica on the return trip to Santo Domingo. In the pic you can see me having the most luxurious ice-cream I've ever had!

• Last visit to Bayahibe: Aug 2005
  • Intro Updated Mar 5, 2007

• MalenaN's Profile Photo
    Dec 16, 2014 at 10:29 AM

Sounds like a lovely visit you had in Bayahibe! I have never thought of asking for the coldest beer, but I guess it makes sense on a hot day by the sea.

• Belsaita's Profile Photo
      Dec 17, 2014 at 7:43 AM

Hi Malena! Yes DR was great, especially because we were with local friends. I'd neither thought about asking for the coldest beer before, and me and my Spanish friend were laughing at that at they beginning.... before realizing it really makes a difference in very hot days!
      Happy travels!

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo
    Jan 8, 2014 at 7:42 PM

Nice page

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Dec 30, 2011 at 9:55 AM

Happy New Year, Isa! I enjoyed seeing you again at the Glühwein meeting in Karlsruhe. This is a nice little page on Bayahibe, which of course I had never heard of before.

• Apr 11, 2009 at 3:58 AM

Now is also open the Casinò near the hotel area. Franz http://today-travel.blogspot.com/

• grets's Profile Photo
    Jul 8, 2007 at 10:12 AM

Oh to be on a nice sandy beach right now, with the sun beaming down and a cold beer in my hand.......

• nixca316's Profile Photo
    Mar 5, 2007 at 7:15 AM

¡Felices cumpleaños más nene, Isa! These are great tips!

Belsaita

“la Dodo le la!! ”

Badges & Stats in Bayahibe

Have you been to Bayahibe?

Latest Activity in Bayahibe