"Beach, sand and sun... and more..." Top 5 Page for this destination Bayahibe by Belsaita
Bayahibe Travel Guide: 82 reviews and 207 photos
The Southeast region of Dominican Republic comprises the areas of Boca Chica, Juan Dolio, La Romana and Higuey. Due our really short visit, our Dominican friend proposed a short trip to Bayahibe. As he had to work on the Wendsday morning, but he could take a couple of days off later, we left Santo Domingo on Wendsday afternoon. The journey was about one hour and half, crossing the sugar fields and beautiful countryside scenery. Close to La Romana (well know touristy area) is the town of Bayahibe. A quiet fishermen's village a few years ago... Now it's pretty touristy, but still nice and quite "authentic". From there depart the boats to Saona Island, and it seems it’s a great place for diving... Next time!!!
This time, our short but intense visit comprised a nice evening, having dinner and dancing at local small places in the village, a few hours to sleep and recover, and a relaxing Thursday morning in the paradise-like beach. Wish I was here… We had a good lunch in a restaurant in the same beach, a nice siesta below the palm trees… until the rain wakeup us! We returned to Santo Domingo under a heavy rain. Well, it was rainy season anyway so we can’t complaint!… in fact, it was interesting to see how local crazy traffic don’t stop even in the worse climate conditions :-)
For more info: bayahibenet
Do not believe people that say there is no life outside the resorts... is just they have not ventured to find it!
The locals know how to move thier bodies. But you should try. Even if you are a complete disaster dancing salsa... have fun!!
We had a pretty good and not expensive lunch in a place right behind Dominicus Beach. If someone here knows its name,... more travel advice
Our Dominican friends were asking waiters this question all the time, everywhere we go... ("What is the coolest beer you... more travel advice
Belsaita's Related Pages
Bayahibe Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The real Bayahibe..."
- "Beach, sand and sun... and more..."
- "Bayahibe area: probably the best in DR"
- "Dominican Republic - Bayahibe"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bayahibe
- Hotels in Bayahibe
- Transportation in Bayahibe
- Nightlife in Bayahibe
- Restaurants in Bayahibe
- Shopping in Bayahibe
- Warnings and Dangers in Bayahibe
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bayahibe
- 6 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (45)
Have you been to Bayahibe?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bayahibe
Photos in BayahibeSee All Photos (11)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Barcelona Intro, 99 reviews, 159 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Girona Intro, 18 reviews, 63 photos, 4 travelogues
- Karlsruhe Intro, 75 photos, 9 travelogues
- Madrid Intro, 14 reviews, 37 photos, 3 travelogues
- Athens Intro, 2 reviews, 43 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santo Domingo Intro, 19 reviews, 26 photos
- Copenhagen Intro, 11 reviews, 29 photos
- Vilanova i la Geltru Intro, 18 reviews, 21 photos
- Queralbs Intro, 7 reviews, 31 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Minorca Island Intro, 16 reviews, 20 photos
Latest Bayahibe hotel reviews
- Hotel Bayahibe
- 41 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 28, 2013