Avebury Packing List Tips by KennetRose
Avebury What to Pack: 2 reviews and 1 photos
Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: Getting the best out of Avebury isn't the stuff of a Sunday stroll, you have to work at it! Proper walking boots are essential and waterproofs would be wise. The banks and ditches can be treacherously slippery after wet weather, and the Downs can be bleak.
Photo Equipment: Lots of film - you'll want to take lots of photos and there isn't much scope for buying film in the village.
Miscellaneous: You need a map - Ordnance Survey Explorer sheet 157 Marlborough & Savernake Forest.
More Reviews (17)
- See All The Great Circle
- Stone circles and other matters
- Conditions on the Downs
- See All By car (NOT recommended)
KennetRose's Related Pages
Avebury Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Neverending Sto...nes"
- "Standing Stones of Avebury"
- "Avebury and surrounding area"
- "AVEBURY - THE MAJOR GOES MYSTICAL!"
- "Low Key Pre-History"
- "Avebury - A landscape of ancient magic"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Avebury
- Hotels in Avebury
- Transportation in Avebury
- Restaurants in Avebury
- Shopping in Avebury
- Warnings and Dangers in Avebury
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Avebury
- 18 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 15 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Avebury?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Avebury
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 119 reviews, 100 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bristol Intro, 50 reviews, 45 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Reading Intro, 32 reviews, 54 photos, 2 travelogues
- England Intro, 29 reviews, 24 photos
- Krakow Intro, 22 reviews, 23 photos
- Oxford Intro, 22 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Ireland Intro, 12 reviews, 18 photos, 8 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 16 reviews, 14 photos
- Avebury Intro, 18 reviews, 10 photos
- Heswall Intro, 10 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue