"Brissle - a gert lush areal!" Top 5 Page for this destination Bristol by KennetRose

Bristol Travel Guide: 719 reviews and 1,636 photos

Before I begin, I just want to say (Laura!) that I didn't take this photograph (how I wish I had!), it's a publicity shot from the city council and shows the reconstructed Matthew setting off for Newfoundland. And that's the famous suspension bridge, Bristol's symbol, in the background.

Bristol is an immensely easy city to like. I had some bad experiences there but I also left behind some wonderful friends and memories.

• Intro Updated Dec 4, 2002

Travelogues (1)

• Feb 27, 2009 at 4:35 AM

I'm afraid Bristol Classical Discs shut soon after this review was written. (Actually I think it shut in 2002?)

• TheLongTone's Profile Photo
    Feb 27, 2009 at 4:11 AM

Art Deco spaceship (Your tip on the Council House). Love it!

• garridogal's Profile Photo
    Feb 22, 2007 at 3:59 AM

What is that floating through your topmost photo of Stanton Drew? Kinda eerie...

• Jan 20, 2007 at 3:35 AM

So, the name of the city is actually Bristo with an added L? It would be cool to land at the Cary Grant Airport. Great and very informative page.

• Dec 11, 2006 at 10:08 AM

Actually hartcliffe is very improved these last few years, but I'm not sure if it would make a good tourist destination ye. There have been a few visitors from as far a field as Japan, coming to see how regeneration can work.

• Sjalen's Profile Photo
    Jan 29, 2006 at 7:56 AM

Eval, Idal and Normal :))) Rediscovered this page as I might go west.

• Jan 23, 2006 at 7:50 AM

Re: Mud Dock Cafe. I found the staff inattentive and extraordinarily discourteous. After waiting 25mins for service went to check if I should order at bar. Was rudely told, I quote, to "sit down". Unacceptably long wait for food, terrible service.

• aaaarrgh's Profile Photo
    Jul 20, 2005 at 9:49 AM

Some really great, informative tips, Rosalind, I can see why you are top of the Brizzle VT'ers!! I only ever seem to follow the route between Temple Meads and the Architecture Centre :-)

• Sileas's Profile Photo
    Aug 15, 2004 at 4:13 AM

Nempnett Thrubwell? That's one of those names that can only exist in the West country... This is an amazing page - I'll recommend it to anyone asking me again, why I really like this place!

• grets's Profile Photo
    Jul 5, 2004 at 6:32 AM

Hi, great pages! I've lived in Bristol for 27 years and never been to Stanton Drew. You have now inspired me to make that visit!

KennetRose

“Nothing is more repressive than the repression of curiosity.”

Badges & Stats in Bristol

Have you been to Bristol?

Latest Activity in Bristol