"Lerwick - Crossroads of the North Atlantic" Lerwick by KennetRose
Lerwick Travel Guide: 29 reviews and 89 photos
Many people have travelled much further afield than I have, but I can always ask knowingly "But have you been to Lerwick in January?"
- Pros:The best party the UK has to offer
- Cons:Cold, damp, dark and windy in winter
- In a nutshell:A real, unregarded, jewel
A wild, desolate and beautiful place about 100km north of Lerwick. In 1993 it became the most northerly place on the... more travel advice
Regular fights from Aberdeen to Sumburgh on the southern tip of Mainland - 50 km from Lerwick. There are also flights... more travel advice
- See All No excuse for not smelling sweet!
- Blow, winds, and crack your cheeks!
- Wrap up warm
- Up Helly Aa
KennetRose's Related Pages
Lerwick Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Tiny, friendly capital 'city'"
- "Port of Lerwick"
- "a week in paradise!"
- "Lerwick - Crossroads of the North Atlantic"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Lerwick
- Hotels in Lerwick
- Transportation in Lerwick
- Nightlife in Lerwick
- Restaurants in Lerwick
- Shopping in Lerwick
- Warnings and Dangers in Lerwick
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Lerwick
- 12 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (18)
Have you been to Lerwick?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lerwick
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 119 reviews, 100 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bristol Intro, 50 reviews, 45 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Reading Intro, 32 reviews, 54 photos, 2 travelogues
- England Intro, 29 reviews, 24 photos
- Krakow Intro, 22 reviews, 23 photos
- Oxford Intro, 22 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Ireland Intro, 12 reviews, 18 photos, 8 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 16 reviews, 14 photos
- Avebury Intro, 18 reviews, 10 photos
- Heswall Intro, 10 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue