"Grindelwald" Top 5 Page for this destination Grindelwald by sierralyndon

Grindelwald Travel Guide: 190 reviews and 607 photos

Mountains mountains everywhere...

We spent a couple of days in the mountain resort of Grindelwald at the end of May. It was a bit of a risk to go because it was still early for the summer season. But we decided to take go anyway.

The weather wasn't completely predictable yet, although we managed to get one very hot and nice day. We knew that some of the walking trails in the mountains were still closed, and decided to try the "safe" ones. However many parts still had remainders of snow. The town itself was very quiet with quite a few hotels and restaurants still closed.

However, this meant that there were few crowds and lots of space for everyone!

• Last visit to Grindelwald: May 2003
  • Intro Updated Jun 3, 2003

• mustertal's Profile Photo
    Nov 23, 2005 at 1:55 AM

Grindelwald is a lovely place,I took my son there some years ago tabogoning.

• benazer's Profile Photo
    Jul 7, 2005 at 11:15 AM

Oh yes all first class travel pages here enjoyed coming very much Happy travells.

• leanne_pearc's Profile Photo
    Dec 10, 2003 at 8:47 PM

i love the photo of the aerial of firstbann - thats is amazing to me who lives in australia where evry thing is flat.

• mountainpoet's Profile Photo
    Sep 24, 2003 at 4:28 PM

great page and heaps of Info. Grindelwald is great - I didn't have enough time there - but that just means I need to go back.

• jcots's Profile Photo
    Sep 10, 2003 at 2:50 AM

Lovely pics, i love this zone of the Alpes. It's wonderful !!!! Excellent page!!!!

• kenmerk's Profile Photo
    Jun 23, 2003 at 1:54 AM

Wow, that is quite the view up there,,, I'd love to make this trip.... thanks, Kaz...

• Anchovy56's Profile Photo
    Jun 12, 2003 at 6:58 AM

What a view from the mountain top...Thanks for sharing it...

• cjohnson99's Profile Photo
    Jun 6, 2003 at 3:48 AM

Great pages. Great pictures and accurate descriptions for new visitors. Be there in less than 2 weeks now!

sierralyndon

“"I wonder what's happening over there?"”

Badges & Stats in Grindelwald

Have you been to Grindelwald?

Photos in Grindelwald