"A little tropical paradise" Top 5 Page for this destination Pulau Lang Tengah by sierralyndon
Pulau Lang Tengah Travel Guide: 109 reviews and 221 photos
Lang Tengah Island is off the coast of Terengganu and is located between the more popular Redang and Perhentian Islands.
The island is fairly small and is uninhabited, meaning that the only people there are either visitors to the island or people working in one of the four (I think) hotels there.
The snorkelling is fantastic, I venture to say far better than my experience in the Maldives where the coral bleaching was still evident. At Lang Tengah corals were very much more alive and the marine life was plentiful. Just snorkelling in front of our hotel we saw turtles and sharks.
The waters around the island were an amazing blue and extremely clear. However being a coral island, much of the island's beaches are littered with dead coral, so make sure you bring suitable footwear.
My only complaint is with the hotel we stayed at - the lacklustre service kind of stressed us out a bit because we couldn't really enjoy ourselves fully.
- Pros:Wonderful warm waters and marine life
- Cons:Development will mean more and more people...
- In a nutshell:Difficult to get to, but well worth it
Actually it's not very much of a trek at all, more like a 10 minute walk on a perfectly safe sandy path, easily done in... more travel advice
To get to Lang Tengah Island, you have to take a boat from the village of Merang (located about half an hour's drive... more travel advice
sierralyndon's Related Pages
Pulau Lang Tengah Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Lazing in Lang Tengah"
- "Escape to Paradise"
- "Paradise Island - Lang Tengah Island"
- "A little tropical paradise"
- "As Close to Nature As It Gets"
- "Pulau Lang Tengah - the secret isle"
- "Island escapade - Lang Tengah"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Pulau Lang Tengah
- Hotels in Pulau Lang Tengah
- Transportation in Pulau Lang Tengah
- Nightlife in Pulau Lang Tengah
- Restaurants in Pulau Lang Tengah
- Shopping in Pulau Lang Tengah
- Warnings and Dangers in Pulau Lang Tengah
- See All...
Explore the World
- San Sebastián
- Denpasar Hotels
- Rampasture Hotels
- Hamner Springs Hotels
- Ash Shariqah
- Sweetland Center Hotels
- Provincia de Manabí
- Giant City State Park Hotels
- Guangdong Sheng
- Lord Howe Island
- Province of Aklan
- Noordwijk aan Zee
- Province of Abra Hotels
Badges & Stats in Pulau Lang Tengah
- 6 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Pulau Lang Tengah?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pulau Lang Tengah
- Posted in Travel New York City Forum "Re: Which airport?"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Sights... but no sounds (dohh!) from Lang Tengah"
- created a Pulau Lang Tengah Travelogue "Sights... but no sounds (dohh!) from Lang Tengah"
- Wrote a Review Trek to the other side of the island in Pulau Lang Tengah Off The Beaten Path
Photos in Pulau Lang TengahSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Milan Intro, 39 reviews, 24 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Trentino-Alto Adige Intro, 20 reviews, 39 photos, 2 travelogues
- Andalucía Intro, 18 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Valle d'Aosta Intro, 15 reviews, 29 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Grindelwald Intro, 13 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Umbria Intro, 12 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue
- South Island Intro, 11 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Udine Intro, 14 reviews, 14 photos
- Mykonos Intro, 11 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- Maldives Intro, 7 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue