"A little tropical paradise" Top 5 Page for this destination Pulau Lang Tengah by sierralyndon

Pulau Lang Tengah Travel Guide: 109 reviews and 221 photos

A very quiet getaway

Lang Tengah Island is off the coast of Terengganu and is located between the more popular Redang and Perhentian Islands.

The island is fairly small and is uninhabited, meaning that the only people there are either visitors to the island or people working in one of the four (I think) hotels there.

The snorkelling is fantastic, I venture to say far better than my experience in the Maldives where the coral bleaching was still evident. At Lang Tengah corals were very much more alive and the marine life was plentiful. Just snorkelling in front of our hotel we saw turtles and sharks.

The waters around the island were an amazing blue and extremely clear. However being a coral island, much of the island's beaches are littered with dead coral, so make sure you bring suitable footwear.

My only complaint is with the hotel we stayed at - the lacklustre service kind of stressed us out a bit because we couldn't really enjoy ourselves fully.

• Pros:Wonderful warm waters and marine life
  • Cons:Development will mean more and more people...
  • In a nutshell:Difficult to get to, but well worth it
  • Last visit to Pulau Lang Tengah: Aug 2003
  • Intro Updated Aug 25, 2003

• kelnsha's Profile Photo
    Apr 19, 2008 at 5:56 AM

Thank you for sharing Pulau Lang Tengah, Kaz. Most likely my family will be going there in June. Cheers! - Kelvin.

• bpacker's Profile Photo
    Mar 30, 2005 at 10:35 PM

Comprehensive commentry you got here! I just came back from Lang Tengah myself !

• katiecoos's Profile Photo
    Jan 1, 2004 at 2:25 AM

I realy enjoyed looking at your beautiful pages the photos are fantastic

• ecuriocity's Profile Photo
    Sep 9, 2003 at 1:10 AM

I travel thru your eyes... sadly in my own country! Howllll! I want there! TQ mucho. Did the underwater cameras work?

• safardreams's Profile Photo
    Sep 1, 2003 at 6:14 AM

Hi Kaz, I guess you have to take the bad with the good. Hey you had TURTLES & SHARKS. We had ELEPHANT & LION near our tents. I'll take the bad anytime with this. Hope you put more. Thanks, David

• kenmerk's Profile Photo
    Aug 29, 2003 at 8:20 AM

Hey Kaz, Kinda sounds like Redang... (Nice snorkeling, marginal hotels....) Hope you enjoyed the turtles and sharks....

sierralyndon

“"I wonder what's happening over there?"”

Badges & Stats in Pulau Lang Tengah

Have you been to Pulau Lang Tengah?

Photos in Pulau Lang Tengah