" My World " sierralyndon's Profile

I am very slowly building up my pages. I find that this is a great way to actually remember or recall really tiny details of my trips and experiences.

It will be a slow process because I don't get much time off work to build pages and upload photographs to my heart's content.

I have no idea where I came up with Sierra Lyndon, it is not my name. I used to write short stories and send them to magazines and newspapers under the pseudonym Sierra Lyndon. One day, when I get all passionate about writing again, I'll publish under that name. If you ever see it in headlines, remember where you heard of me first!!

I think VT is one of the coolest sites I've come across, once you come in you just don't leave do you? The people I've met on the Forums just remind me of what an amazing world we live in - so many things that differentiate us from each other, yet so many things that bind us together.

Here is a short recap of the places I have lived, so if anyone has any questions, feel free to e-mail.

Malaysia

I was born and raised in Malaysia. I haven't lived there in years and it is sometimes pretty embarrassing when people ask me about places to visit, etc. and I really can't give them any first hand experience. I usually just point them in the direction of VT for more info..... hah hah hah.

Seriously though, it is a very interesting country to visit with many different aspects to it. I was pretty lucky to have been raised in a multi-cultural society where appreciating difference is a way of life.

New Zealand

I lived in Wellington, New Zealand from 1990 - 1995. Such a lovely place, such a lot of wind!

There I learnt about rugby and cricket. And also what it means to "bring a plate".

I did some travelling there, but not as much as I would have liked. It is such a far way to go... but that's what makes it all the more spectacular I guess.

I miss all that green and all that space.....

Singapore

I spent about 3 years in Singapore, after having secured my first real "grown-up" job there.

It is the cleanest, most efficient city you can ever imagine. Admittedly you'd have a hard time finding attractions that are NOT constructed, but it is a tiny island with limited natural resources.

I think the best thing about living there, apart from friends I made, is the fact that it was 2 hours' drive to my parents' in Malaysia... which meant I managed to get my mum's cooking just about any time I wanted :-)

Every time I go back there for holiday now it amazes me how it keeps changing... for the better.

London, United Kingdom

I spent about 2 years in London. A rather large city isn't it?!

I love London. To be honest, probably more as a place to visit than a place to live. It is difficult sharing your neighbourhood (mine being Oxford Street practically) with swarms of tourists!

But just the sheer variety of restaurants, shops and entertainment is mind-boggling. You will never be bored...

Milan, Italy

I currently live in Milan. It has a reputation of being a snotty, polluted, rather uptight town... but all things considered, I wouldn't live anywhere else in Italy.

There are some real treasures for the visitor to Milan, although you should not expect to be surrounded by grandiose monuments and fountains like you would in Rome.

It is still fashion capital, and eventually you'll go past the Armani or Dolce & Gabanna stores like you would a McDonald's, not even looking or thinking twice about it!

And the soccer... don't get me started on that. What is it with this obsession??

We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time"

-T.S. Eliot

• Intro Updated Sep 13, 2006

• toemayn's Profile Photo
    Mar 21, 2014 at 4:56 PM

Hope your birthday is filled with all the fun you can handle!

• CEP1863's Profile Photo
    Mar 21, 2014 at 11:34 AM

Kaz, wishing you a very happy birthday and a year pecked with exciting travel!

• imranthetrekker's Profile Photo
    Apr 6, 2012 at 1:05 PM

Happy birthday my friend. Greetings from Peshawar, Pakistan.

• TrendsetterME's Profile Photo
    Mar 20, 2012 at 10:36 PM

"Happy Birthday", with all my best wishes ... :)

• tranceperent's Profile Photo
    Mar 3, 2011 at 1:09 AM

Hi, this is manish from India. i have created a VT meet in april for milan. Hope you can join us

• a2lopes's Profile Photo
    Mar 21, 2010 at 4:42 PM

Selamat Hari Jadi Kaz & many happy returns of the day. Greetings from Lisbon which is waiting for your visit. Jumpa lagi

• Marisola's Profile Photo
    Mar 21, 2010 at 7:39 AM

I wonder what's going on over there, too! Happy Birthday and Happy Spring! My birthday is on the last day of Spring!

• feag's Profile Photo
    Mar 23, 2009 at 8:34 PM

Happy Birthday ! late birthday wishes Jane (feag)

• Daja123's Profile Photo
    Mar 21, 2009 at 2:08 AM

Happy Birthday to you! My best wishes from sunny Ljubljana!

• deebum25's Profile Photo
    Oct 11, 2008 at 9:30 AM

Lucky you just returned from our second trip to Italy and you get to live there!

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
sierralyndon's Profile Photo

sierralyndon

“"I wonder what's happening over there?"”

Real Name