" My World " sierralyndon's Profile
I am very slowly building up my pages. I find that this is a great way to actually remember or recall really tiny details of my trips and experiences.
It will be a slow process because I don't get much time off work to build pages and upload photographs to my heart's content.
I have no idea where I came up with Sierra Lyndon, it is not my name. I used to write short stories and send them to magazines and newspapers under the pseudonym Sierra Lyndon. One day, when I get all passionate about writing again, I'll publish under that name. If you ever see it in headlines, remember where you heard of me first!!
I think VT is one of the coolest sites I've come across, once you come in you just don't leave do you? The people I've met on the Forums just remind me of what an amazing world we live in - so many things that differentiate us from each other, yet so many things that bind us together.
Here is a short recap of the places I have lived, so if anyone has any questions, feel free to e-mail.
I was born and raised in Malaysia. I haven't lived there in years and it is sometimes pretty embarrassing when people ask me about places to visit, etc. and I really can't give them any first hand experience. I usually just point them in the direction of VT for more info..... hah hah hah.
Seriously though, it is a very interesting country to visit with many different aspects to it. I was pretty lucky to have been raised in a multi-cultural society where appreciating difference is a way of life.
I lived in Wellington, New Zealand from 1990 - 1995. Such a lovely place, such a lot of wind!
There I learnt about rugby and cricket. And also what it means to "bring a plate".
I did some travelling there, but not as much as I would have liked. It is such a far way to go... but that's what makes it all the more spectacular I guess.
I miss all that green and all that space.....
I spent about 3 years in Singapore, after having secured my first real "grown-up" job there.
It is the cleanest, most efficient city you can ever imagine. Admittedly you'd have a hard time finding attractions that are NOT constructed, but it is a tiny island with limited natural resources.
I think the best thing about living there, apart from friends I made, is the fact that it was 2 hours' drive to my parents' in Malaysia... which meant I managed to get my mum's cooking just about any time I wanted :-)
Every time I go back there for holiday now it amazes me how it keeps changing... for the better.
I spent about 2 years in London. A rather large city isn't it?!
I love London. To be honest, probably more as a place to visit than a place to live. It is difficult sharing your neighbourhood (mine being Oxford Street practically) with swarms of tourists!
But just the sheer variety of restaurants, shops and entertainment is mind-boggling. You will never be bored...
I currently live in Milan. It has a reputation of being a snotty, polluted, rather uptight town... but all things considered, I wouldn't live anywhere else in Italy.
There are some real treasures for the visitor to Milan, although you should not expect to be surrounded by grandiose monuments and fountains like you would in Rome.
It is still fashion capital, and eventually you'll go past the Armani or Dolce & Gabanna stores like you would a McDonald's, not even looking or thinking twice about it!
And the soccer... don't get me started on that. What is it with this obsession??
We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time"
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 219 Reviews
- 358 Photos
- 10 Countries
- 13 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
- sierralyndon and europebn are now friends.
- Posted in Travel New York City Forum "Re: Which airport?"
- Commented on one of bkoon's Keluang travel pages
- Wrote a Review Ortisei - Wine Bar in Trentino-Alto Adige Restaurants
- Uploaded a Photo to "Friuli DOC - Food, Drink and Craft Fest"
- updated a Mauritius Travel Page "Mauritius"
updated their Profile Page " My World "
Top 10 Pages
- Milan Intro, 39 reviews, 24 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Trentino-Alto Adige Intro, 20 reviews, 39 photos, 2 travelogues
- Andalucía Intro, 18 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Valle d'Aosta Intro, 15 reviews, 29 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Grindelwald Intro, 13 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Umbria Intro, 12 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue
- South Island Intro, 11 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Udine Intro, 14 reviews, 14 photos
- Mykonos Intro, 11 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- Maldives Intro, 7 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Hotels
- 22459 Reviews - 54962 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2701 Reviews - 7925 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23315 Reviews - 48908 Photos
- Philadelphia Hotels
- 2093 Reviews - 4054 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15643 Reviews - 31276 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 2025 Reviews - 4971 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3092 Reviews - 5855 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1933 Reviews - 3724 Photos
- Punta Cana Hotels
- 422 Reviews - 1020 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 328 Reviews - 894 Photos
- Playa del Carmen Hotels
- 780 Reviews - 1749 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 12023 Reviews - 26760 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2058 Reviews - 3874 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7828 Reviews - 20233 Photos
- Bangkok Hotels
- 10315 Reviews - 22905 Photos