"Noodlet's Avebury Page" Avebury by NoodleT
Avebury Travel Guide: 100 reviews and 238 photos
Avebury is a tiny village and is surrounded by a ring of large stones similar to Stonehenge (which is also in Wiltshire - about 20 miles from Avebury). In my opinion Avebury is a lot better that Stonehenge because you can actually go right up to the stones and touch them.
- Pros:A Large Stone circle
- Cons:Some of the stones are in a field with sheep - you need to watch where you tread!
- In a nutshell:Count the Large stones
Some crop circles can be seen from Avebury - this picture was taken in July. more travel advice
NoodleT's Related Pages
Avebury Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Neverending Sto...nes"
- "Standing Stones of Avebury"
- "Avebury and surrounding area"
- "AVEBURY - THE MAJOR GOES MYSTICAL!"
- "Low Key Pre-History"
- "Avebury - A landscape of ancient magic"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Avebury
- Hotels in Avebury
- Transportation in Avebury
- Restaurants in Avebury
- Shopping in Avebury
- Warnings and Dangers in Avebury
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Avebury
- 3 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Avebury?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Avebury
Top 10 Pages
- Luxor Intro, 17 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cairo Intro, 9 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- Nepal Intro, 11 reviews, 6 photos
- Pokhara Intro, 11 reviews, 6 photos
- Idfu Intro, 5 reviews, 7 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kawm Umbu Intro, 4 reviews, 5 photos
- Aswan Intro, 4 reviews, 4 photos
- Vancouver Intro, 5 reviews, 2 photos
- Pyramids of Giza Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos
- United Kingdom Intro, 3 reviews, 3 photos