"The Capital of Wallonia" Top 5 Page for this destination Namur by Mahieu
Namur Travel Guide: 193 reviews and 500 photos
Namur is the capital of Namur province as well as the political capital of Wallonia (the French-speaking southern part of Belgium). Namur is located at the confluence of the Sambre River and the Meuse River, both major waterways.
The city made me somewhat think of a city in the Provence, in southern France. It has a very cosy atmosphere, with lots of nice little squares where you can enjoy a drink and wonder about life.
The Cathédrale St Aubin was built between 1751 and 1767 and clearly shows the Italian education of its architect,... more travel advice
The Walloon Council used to be located on this place, but it moved a couple of years ago, next to the Citadel. When you... more travel advice
Mahieu's Related Pages
Namur Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A city to get to know better..."
- "A Bourgeois Town"
- "The Capital of Wallonia"
- "Cathédrale Saint Aubin"
- "Day tripping"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Namur
- Hotels in Namur
- Transportation in Namur
- Nightlife in Namur
- Restaurants in Namur
- Shopping in Namur
- Warnings and Dangers in Namur
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Namur
- 6 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (18)
Have you been to Namur?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Namur
Photos in NamurSee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Brussels Intro, 51 reviews, 63 photos, 3 travelogues
- Sevilla Intro, 24 reviews, 50 photos, 5 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 36 reviews, 37 photos
- Gent Intro, 28 reviews, 38 photos, 2 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 32 reviews, 33 photos
- Venice Intro, 30 reviews, 31 photos
- Dublin Intro, 29 reviews, 30 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mons Intro, 25 reviews, 33 photos, 2 travelogues
- Brugge Intro, 18 reviews, 25 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Girona Intro, 17 reviews, 23 photos, 1 travelogue