"The battlefield of Waterloo" Top 5 Page for this destination Waterloo by Mahieu
Waterloo Travel Guide: 55 reviews and 139 photos
Waterloo, is a small city in the Belgian province of Walloon-Brabant (Brabant-Wallon). The city owes its fame to the battle which took place on the 18th of June 1815. The Battle of Waterloo was fought between the French, under the command of Napoleon Bonaparte, and the Allied armies commanded by the Duke of Wellington from Britain and General Blücher from Prussia.
A lot of different places here remind of the horrible battle that happened. The most famous one is possibly "The Lion Hill" (la Butte du Lion) which commemorates the bravery of the Prince of Orange, who was wounded here.
In 1815 the Duke of Wellington, commander of the Anglo-allied army, set up his headquarters in the village of... more travel advice
To imagine what the battle looked like, you can visit the Panorama. It is a huge circular painting of 110m... more travel advice
Mahieu's Related Pages
Waterloo Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Waterloo, its battlefields and its lion"
- "Napoleon did surrender"
- "Visiting Waterloo by air"
- "Where Napoleon faced his final defeat"
- "The battlefield of Waterloo"
- "Walking on Historic Ground"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Waterloo
- Transportation in Waterloo
- Restaurants in Waterloo
- Shopping in Waterloo
- Warnings and Dangers in Waterloo
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Waterloo
- 5 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 19 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (19)
Have you been to Waterloo?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Waterloo
Photos in WaterlooSee All Photos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- Brussels Intro, 51 reviews, 63 photos, 3 travelogues
- Sevilla Intro, 24 reviews, 50 photos, 5 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 36 reviews, 37 photos
- Gent Intro, 28 reviews, 38 photos, 2 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 32 reviews, 33 photos
- Venice Intro, 30 reviews, 31 photos
- Dublin Intro, 29 reviews, 30 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mons Intro, 25 reviews, 33 photos, 2 travelogues
- Brugge Intro, 18 reviews, 25 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Girona Intro, 17 reviews, 23 photos, 1 travelogue