"Really worth it!" Top 5 Page for this destination Girona by Mahieu
Girona Travel Guide: 443 reviews and 1,269 photos
June 2004: As often, I wanted to get away for a couple of days, without spending too much money and I decided to take a trip to another Ryanair-destination. This time it was going to be Girona! I didn't expect too much, since most people landing there went directly further to Barcelona. I was very pleasantly surprised: Girona is really a little jewel! It's a small medieval city, a bit touristic, but not too much, that has lots of nice little corners to discover.
Have a look with me!
March 2005: I needed a break again and together with some friends we went to Girona for one day. Since we already visited it, we decided to have a relaxed day based on eating and drinking :-) We had great fun and I still love Girona!
- Pros:cosy, nice-looking city, good bars and restaurants
- Cons:the Catalan-Spanish twist
- In a nutshell:absolutely worth a visit!
To be honest, we had our doubts before entering, because the menu outside stated things like "paella with noodles". A... more travel advice
The main shopping streets in the old part of the city are Carrer S. Clara, Carrer Nou and La Rambla de la Libertat, all... more travel advice
Mahieu's Related Pages
Girona Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Medieval beauty"
- "Girona – medieval splendour of Catalonia"
- "Really worth it!"
- "Girona in Spring"
- "The GIRONA experience!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Girona
- Hotels in Girona
- Transportation in Girona
- Nightlife in Girona
- Restaurants in Girona
- Shopping in Girona
- Warnings and Dangers in Girona
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Girona
- 17 Reviews
- 23 Photos
- 10 Forum posts
- 17 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (14)
Have you been to Girona?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Girona
Photos in GironaSee All Photos (23)
Top 10 Pages
- Brussels Intro, 51 reviews, 63 photos, 3 travelogues
- Sevilla Intro, 24 reviews, 50 photos, 5 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 36 reviews, 37 photos
- Gent Intro, 28 reviews, 38 photos, 2 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 32 reviews, 33 photos
- Venice Intro, 30 reviews, 31 photos
- Dublin Intro, 29 reviews, 30 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mons Intro, 25 reviews, 33 photos, 2 travelogues
- Brugge Intro, 18 reviews, 25 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Girona Intro, 17 reviews, 23 photos, 1 travelogue