"Really worth it!" Top 5 Page for this destination Girona by Mahieu

Girona Travel Guide: 445 reviews and 1,290 photos

June 2004: As often, I wanted to get away for a couple of days, without spending too much money and I decided to take a trip to another Ryanair-destination. This time it was going to be Girona! I didn't expect too much, since most people landing there went directly further to Barcelona. I was very pleasantly surprised: Girona is really a little jewel! It's a small medieval city, a bit touristic, but not too much, that has lots of nice little corners to discover.
Have a look with me!

March 2005: I needed a break again and together with some friends we went to Girona for one day. Since we already visited it, we decided to have a relaxed day based on eating and drinking :-) We had great fun and I still love Girona!

• Pros:cosy, nice-looking city, good bars and restaurants
  • Cons:the Catalan-Spanish twist
  • In a nutshell:absolutely worth a visit!
  • Last visit to Girona: Mar 2005
  • Intro Updated Mar 16, 2005

• virtualpatrick's Profile Photo
    May 31, 2013 at 9:27 AM

Nice Girona pages. Memorable experience on my day trip Girona: walking along Passeig Arqueologic (Archaeological Walk) during sunset.

• Jerelis's Profile Photo
    Oct 12, 2012 at 6:29 AM

I have never been to Girona, although I was close-by last summer. Thank you for sharing your beautiful pictures en solid info.

• unaS's Profile Photo
    Jul 11, 2009 at 5:10 AM

One of the more complete tips pages for Girona that I have seen. Very helpful indeed. Many thanks.

• wandeljp's Profile Photo
    Apr 22, 2008 at 3:48 AM

Interessante tips voor een leuke stad! Groetjes, Jean-Pierre

• Belsaita's Profile Photo
    Jul 19, 2007 at 11:14 AM

Glad to see you enjoyed Girona. Quite fun your comment about "paella with noddles", certainly would be odd! But I think they meant "fideua" that's like paella but made with noddles instead of rice. In fact more typical from the area. Hugs from Barcelona

• mad4travel's Profile Photo
    Jan 28, 2007 at 10:41 AM

Nice pages. I enjoyed Girona very much too. You are right, Its a bit of a gem!

• viddra's Profile Photo
    Apr 10, 2006 at 1:18 PM

Enjoyed the tour a lot...thanx! Dragana

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Mar 31, 2005 at 3:18 AM

Els, where are your fantastic Girona updates???? :o)

• amapola66's Profile Photo
    Mar 8, 2005 at 9:48 AM

Lovely Girona tips and photos. i like your intro too...

• Maillekeukeul's Profile Photo
    Mar 4, 2005 at 12:49 AM

Definitely, a gorgeous place...

Mahieu

“28 countries visited and planning on visiting a lot more!”

Badges & Stats in Girona