"Colourfull" Burano by Mahieu
Burano Travel Guide: 203 reviews and 688 photos
Burano is known for 2 things: its lace and of course its colourfull houses. In the sunshine, the colours reflect beautifully in the water of the little canals. I was there pretty early, when there were almost no tourists around. It was sooo peacefull!! Allthough, I couldn't stand living there. It must be terrible having people photographing your house every five minutes :-)))
Burano is an ideal getaway from the Venice-crowd!
The best way to get to Burano is to take the vaporetto from one of the main stops in Venice. You should take the... more travel advice
The tradition of painting the houses may have had its origins in the color schemes of local fishing boats. Everywhere... more travel advice
Mahieu's Related Pages
Burano Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Burano – colour your soul"
- "Burano - land of thousands colours"
- "United Colours of ....Burano!"
- "Burano - Colourful Little Island of the Lagoon"
- "Colourful Burano"
- "Bold, Beautiful, But Buggy, Burano"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Burano
- Transportation in Burano
- Nightlife in Burano
- Restaurants in Burano
- Shopping in Burano
- Warnings and Dangers in Burano
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Burano
- 4 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (14)
Have you been to Burano?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Burano
Photos in BuranoSee All Photos (10)
Top 10 Pages
- Brussels Intro, 51 reviews, 63 photos, 3 travelogues
- Sevilla Intro, 24 reviews, 50 photos, 5 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 36 reviews, 37 photos
- Gent Intro, 28 reviews, 38 photos, 2 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 32 reviews, 33 photos
- Venice Intro, 30 reviews, 31 photos
- Dublin Intro, 29 reviews, 30 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mons Intro, 25 reviews, 33 photos, 2 travelogues
- Brugge Intro, 18 reviews, 25 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Girona Intro, 17 reviews, 23 photos, 1 travelogue