"BACK TO THE ROOTS" Uganda by suubi
Uganda Travel Guide: 1,246 reviews and 3,102 photos
DON'T MISS MY TRAVELOUGE!!! PICTURES ON THIS SITE ARE PRIVATE.
I have been away from home for quiet a long time now but i can remember every small path, every single tree, every single hill, name it. As the saying goes, "East to West, home is best"
Uganda is a small land locked country situated in east Africa. It lies astride the Equator bordering Kenya, Tanzania, Zaire & Sudan.
Sir Winston Churchhills´ remark on Uganda as the Pearl of Africa is justified by its amplitude of natural ressources(Including 300 of the world´s surviving 600 mountain Gorillas), magnificient landscape, fertile soils, fascinating traditional diversity, and its sunny children. You will surely love Ugandas´ moderate climate and tableland with numerous small hills and valleys.
I once had a conversation with a diplomat who has been to a couple of African countries and has now settled in Uganda. In his opinion Uganda is the best African country a European can leave in. I also learnt from him that there is a so called African virus, once you catch it you never leave the African grounds, he says. LOL
Uganda has gone through hard times of war and tyranny, however, its´now back on its feet and striving hard to cover up the past.
CAUTION: Get rid of any prejudices & be open to leave the Ugandan way of life; with less stress & less material-bondage. What may seem chaotic at first sight, i assure you, will look different when you get to know it better. Its just another approach to life.
- Cons:Well, things move at a slower pace than in the Weste, the factor time has a quiet different meaning. In this line, make sure you bring enough with you. However, in a few days you will have mastered the code and and you will relish the simple life.
- In a nutshell:its all about taking things easy and laughing it off.
The most popular Casino in Kampala is situated in the heart of the city on Kimathi avenue. strictly smart more travel advice
After kneeling down to greet granny, she then invites you to sit on her lap like a baby. especially when one has been... more travel advice
- See All Nature at work
- See All Attractions at a glance
- See All Hard core
- See All Special hire
suubi's Related Pages
Uganda Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- ""The pearl of Africa""
- "Undoubtedly one of Africa's hidden gems!"
- "Pearl of Africa"
- "Uganda - The Pearl of Africa"
- "BACK TO THE ROOTS"
- "Once it was called the pearl of Africa"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Uganda
- Hotels in Uganda
- Transportation in Uganda
- Nightlife in Uganda
- Restaurants in Uganda
- Shopping in Uganda
- Warnings and Dangers in Uganda
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Uganda
- 48 Reviews
- 85 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Uganda?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Uganda
Top 5 Pages
- Uganda Intro, 48 reviews, 85 photos, 6 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 28 reviews, 30 photos, 1 travelogue
- Stuttgart Intro, 27 reviews, 31 photos, 1 travelogue
- Freiburg im Breisgau Intro, 15 reviews, 9 photos
- Salzburg Intro, 3 reviews, 5 photos, 1 travelogue