"Vanuatu ex New Hebrides" Vanuatu by cosmopolit
Vanuatu Travel Guide: 624 reviews and 1,170 photos
Vanuatu is south of Papua New Guinea and 620 miles west of Fiji. Vanuatu is a group of 83 islands in the South West Pacific, North East of New Caledonia and North West of Fiji, governed as an independent Republic by its indigenous people.
The Ni-Vanuatu, as they are known, are a peaceful, gentle race, who enjoy life's simpler pleasures in a country of unique and diverse customs and culture.
It has caves and wrecks, shore and boat diving. It is also the last resting place of the largest WW ll wreck in the world the SS President Coolidge!
On departure from Luganville on the south side of Santo we sailed north and east up the coast and our first stop was Palikulo Bay. Here we went snorkeling and enjoyed the good weather. Then Soren Larsen sailed north to Port Patteson on Vanua Lava, the main islands of the Banks group. We went ashore and had good walks to the village and beach headland while the captain arranged for custom clearance.
You will never be short of things to do in Vanuatu; whether you are an active or passive person, there is a wide variety of activities covering the complete age range.
- Pros:Wonderfully remote
- Cons:you have to explain where it is to most everyone..
- In a nutshell:olde times very yesteryear in a peaceful time there back then
As it's off the beaten path I include a map from Vanuatu geophisical. the "Timeless Islands" comprises a group of... more travel advice
Experienced divers come to Vanuatu from all over the world so they can dive on the World War II wrecks that scatter its... more travel advice
cosmopolit's Related Pages
Vanuatu Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "I fell in love with Vanuatu..."
- "Vanuatu - Pacific Island Paradise."
- "Port Vila. Efate, Vanuatu"
- "Port Vila - Vanuatu"
- "South Pacific's best kept secret"
- "Port Vila Vanuatu"
- "Vanuatu ex New Hebrides"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Vanuatu
- Hotels in Vanuatu
- Transportation in Vanuatu
- Nightlife in Vanuatu
- Restaurants in Vanuatu
- Shopping in Vanuatu
- Warnings and Dangers in Vanuatu
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Vanuatu
- 40 Reviews
- 44 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 7 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
Have you been to Vanuatu?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Vanuatu
- Posted in Travel Puerto Maldonado Forum "Re: Finding a good local tourist..."
- Commented on one of CandS's Vanuatu travel pages
- Wrote a Review find it in the first place. It's in Melanesia! in Vanuatu Off The Beaten Path
- updated a Vanuatu Travel Page "Vanuatu ex New Hebrides"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Vanuatu ex New Hebrides"
Top 10 Pages
- Cape Town Intro, 20 reviews, 36 photos, 1 travelogue
- Japan Intro, 8 reviews, 40 photos, 1 travelogue
- Namibia Intro, 13 reviews, 30 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Puerto Maldonado Intro, 8 reviews, 35 photos, 3 travelogues
- Malaysia Intro, 5 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue
- Tanzania Intro, 4 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- Zürich Intro, 15 reviews, 15 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 5 reviews, 24 photos, 1 travelogue
- Botswana Intro, 3 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- Zimbabwe Intro, 5 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue