"Santo" Espiritu Santo by cosmopolit
Espiritu Santo Travel Guide: 12 reviews and 25 photos
Santo is a one-hour flight from Port Vila and is serviced three times daily by Vanair. Vanuatu’s largest island is fascinating in its diversity. Mt Tabwemasana is the largest mountain in Vanuatu and Luganville is the second biggest town in Vanuatu.
The world famous wreck and spectacular marine life draw scuba divers. During WWII the 30,000-ton liner – “President Coolidge” sank in the Santo Harbour after striking a mine and still lies structurally intact in between 25 and 60 metres of water. This, largest accessible shipwreck for scuba divers in the world, together with the ‘USS Tucker’, Million Dollar Point, shark feeding dives and many pristine reef sites make it a divers dream.
- In a nutshell:Less hectic and busy than Vila ;-)
If you've got a spare day consider an islandtour. Many things to see and learn about Vanuatu and what happend during... more travel advice
cosmopolit's Related Pages
Espiritu Santo Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Espiritu Santo, Vanuatu"
- "Searching for the monument to Quiros"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Espiritu Santo
- 3 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Espiritu Santo?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Espiritu Santo
Top 10 Pages
- Cape Town Intro, 20 reviews, 36 photos, 1 travelogue
- Japan Intro, 8 reviews, 40 photos, 1 travelogue
- Namibia Intro, 13 reviews, 30 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Puerto Maldonado Intro, 8 reviews, 35 photos, 3 travelogues
- Malaysia Intro, 5 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue
- Tanzania Intro, 4 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- Zürich Intro, 15 reviews, 15 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 5 reviews, 24 photos, 1 travelogue
- Botswana Intro, 3 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- Zimbabwe Intro, 5 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue