"Tanna Excursion from Port Vila" Tanna by cosmopolit
Tanna Travel Guide: 53 reviews and 82 photos
Tanna is famous for its volcano, its wild horses and its custom villages and the cargo cults that have grown there. Day trips are available from Port Vila, but it is wise to stay at least one night in order to appreciate the numerous attractions.Major attraction is Mt. Yasur, known as the world’s most accessible active volcano. A night trip to this mighty volcano is an experience one does not easily forget. It is best to arrive just before nightfall so you can experience the transformation that takes place as darkness settles. The rumbling of the explosions and the vibrations of the ground is truly awesome.
Flights operate twice a day and it is a one-hour flight from Vila to the recently constructed Whitegrass airport.
- In a nutshell:Volcano watching at dusk..
cosmopolit's Related Pages
Tanna Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Island That Time Forgot"
- "Tanna Island, Vanuatu"
- "Amazing Tanna Island..."
- "JOHN FRUM Cargo Cult"
- "Tanna Excursion from Port Vila"
- "Tanna 07"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Tanna
- Hotels in Tanna
- Transportation in Tanna
- Nightlife in Tanna
- Restaurants in Tanna
- Warnings and Dangers in Tanna
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Tanna
- 0 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Tanna?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tanna
Top 10 Pages
- Cape Town Intro, 20 reviews, 36 photos, 1 travelogue
- Japan Intro, 8 reviews, 40 photos, 1 travelogue
- Namibia Intro, 13 reviews, 30 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Puerto Maldonado Intro, 8 reviews, 35 photos, 3 travelogues
- Malaysia Intro, 5 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue
- Tanzania Intro, 4 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- Zürich Intro, 15 reviews, 15 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 5 reviews, 24 photos, 1 travelogue
- Botswana Intro, 3 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- Zimbabwe Intro, 5 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue