"en route to Corto Maltes" Top 5 Page for this destination Puerto Maldonado by cosmopolit
Puerto Maldonado Travel Guide: 49 reviews and 197 photos
the city was named after explorer Faustino Maldonado, who paddled up the Madre de Dios River where it meets Tambopata River. Puerto Maldonado is the gateway to three national parks in the Peruvian Amazon featuring an extraordinary diversity of wild species of flora and fauna.
Of the Amazon forest it's said to be the only place giving one the sensation of witnessing the dawn of time. Visitors are drawn to the diversity of the area's forests and rivers, arriving in the city of Puerto Maldonado, the capital of the department of Madre de Dios, ready to set out on a journey filled with excitement and discovery not only of nature but oneself sometimes...
Tambopata River is famous for featuring a great diversity of species of mammals, trees, insects and birds.
If you ever wondered about the sense of life, the universe or quantumphysics or anything you always wanted to... more travel advice
This place can be used as a starting point for some very exciting trips into the rain forest with its vast... more travel advice
cosmopolit's Related Pages
Puerto Maldonado Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Jungle!!"
- "Back to the good time young"
- "From the Andes to the plain Jungle"
- "Puerto Maldonado Amazing!!!!!"
- "en route to Corto Maltes"
- "Reserva Tambopata - Lago Sandoval"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Puerto Maldonado
- Hotels in Puerto Maldonado
- Transportation in Puerto Maldonado
- Nightlife in Puerto Maldonado
- Restaurants in Puerto Maldonado
- Warnings and Dangers in Puerto Maldonado
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Puerto Maldonado
- 8 Reviews
- 35 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Puerto Maldonado?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Puerto Maldonado
Photos in Puerto MaldonadoSee All Photos (35)
Top 10 Pages
- Cape Town Intro, 20 reviews, 36 photos, 1 travelogue
- Japan Intro, 8 reviews, 40 photos, 1 travelogue
- Namibia Intro, 13 reviews, 30 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Puerto Maldonado Intro, 8 reviews, 35 photos, 3 travelogues
- Malaysia Intro, 5 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue
- Tanzania Intro, 4 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- Zürich Intro, 15 reviews, 15 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 5 reviews, 24 photos, 1 travelogue
- Botswana Intro, 3 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- Zimbabwe Intro, 5 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue