"Vis, Croatia" Top 5 Page for this destination Vis by Echo_29

Vis Travel Guide: 71 reviews and 192 photos

Vis

We first visited Vis in September of 2002 and returned for 5 additional days in September of 2003! In the course of a year Vis has obviously grown in popularity. In 2002 it was a fairly sleepy island but by 2003 some of those large yachts you may be used to seeing on Hvar have crept into Vis.

Now all in all Vis is still a relaxing and quiet island with a pretty quiet nightlife.

Vis is a great linear village that’s waterfront is made for strolling, from Vis Town at the west end of the bay to Kut a couple of Kilometers to the east.

For what seems a denser put less populated location to stay or visit make your way to the west end of the island to Komiza. Once there don’t miss the Blue Cave!

• Pros:The catamaran back to Split
  • Cons:The ferry to Vis
  • In a nutshell:Nice and quiet
  • Last visit to Vis: Sep 2003
  • Intro Updated Feb 10, 2004

• kia81's Profile Photo
    Jul 20, 2006 at 3:24 PM

Oh!!I have beeb in nautic apartments too!a great experience!!!

• KristaB's Profile Photo
    Dec 26, 2004 at 11:01 AM

I enjoyed evoking my lovely memories from Vis while reading your page, I should finally build my Vis page. Duh means ghost in Croatian! Booo !

• globetrott's Profile Photo
    Dec 23, 2004 at 11:47 PM

an interesting page & great pics ! make love, not war & make vinyards out of army-airfields sounds like a good solution for many parts of the world....

• keeweechic's Profile Photo
    Mar 26, 2004 at 9:31 PM

Your opening pic - I have in my garden:-) That blue cave looks fabulous but the Tito caves sound interesting. Good warnings on renting a scooter.

• diocletianvs's Profile Photo
    Aug 23, 2003 at 11:39 PM

Beautiful intro picture from my favourite Dalmatian island. I still haven't decided whether to build a page from Vis or to keep it as a little secret.... (I see you have the same approach) ... lol ... btw, thanks for the kind message.

• May 7, 2003 at 8:21 PM