"Bonaire Sights - Mostly Above Water" Top 5 Page for this destination Bonaire by Echo_29
Bonaire Travel Guide: 283 reviews and 648 photos
We decided to visit Bonaire after reading about their dedication to preservation of the coastline and the large portion of the island set aside for a national park. The fact that cruise ships do not make a port of call to this island was a plus too. This was our first trip to the Caribbean and definitely not our last.
From the salt flats south and the Washington-Slagbaai National Park to the north, a variety of landscapes captivated us. The snorkeling was incredible too.
We have always traveled vigorously to the point that we joke that we need a vacation from our vacation. This trip was our first where the majority of our time was spent reading books on the beach. It is something that one can get used to pretty quick. Bonaire has constant refreshing tradewinds from the east and the water is clear and warm. The shopping district in Kralendijk is sparse but the restaraunts are abundant and of good variety.
- Pros:Quiet and unspoiled desert Island
- Cons:Unpolished, but that is a good thing to us
- In a nutshell:From underwater to the top of Brandaris Hill, beautiful!
An underwater camera housing is worth packing if you have one. We purchased it for the trip to Bonaire and we were... more travel advice
Fresh seafood and a good selection of other meat dishes. Service was fast and friendly. It is across from the marina and... more travel advice
- See All Rincon Cemetery 2
- Studio Apartment with Many Amenities
- See All Night Snorkel
- See All Sharp things to step on under water 2
Echo_29's Related Pages
Bonaire Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A bounty of natural beauty"
- "Bonaire Sights - Mostly Above Water"
- "Divers' Paradise: Bonaire"
- "Bon Bini!"
- "Divers' Paradise"
- "Natural Island Paradise"
- "Bonaire-snorkeling and scuba heaven"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bonaire
- Hotels in Bonaire
- Transportation in Bonaire
- Nightlife in Bonaire
- Restaurants in Bonaire
- Shopping in Bonaire
- Warnings and Dangers in Bonaire
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bonaire
- 34 Reviews
- 38 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Bonaire?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bonaire
- Posted in Travel Kropa Forum "Re: Re: What's tis place like?"
- updated a Bonaire Travel Page "Bonaire Sights - Mostly Above Water"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Underwater Housing for Camera"
- Wrote a Review Underwater Housing for Camera in Bonaire What to Pack
- Commented on one of jessicadf's Bonaire travel pages
Photos in BonaireSee All Photos (38)
Top 10 Pages
- Death Valley National Park Intro, 37 reviews, 37 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bonaire Intro, 34 reviews, 38 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Anza-Borrego Desert State Park Intro, 23 reviews, 33 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mojave National Preserve Intro, 22 reviews, 25 photos, 1 travelogue
- Korcula Intro, 21 reviews, 22 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Twin Falls Intro, 11 reviews, 14 photos
- Dubrovnik Intro, 10 reviews, 11 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vis Intro, 10 reviews, 10 photos
- Joshua Tree National Park Intro, 7 reviews, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Joshua Tree Intro, 8 reviews, 8 photos