"Trigrad - in the skyes, near the border" Trigrad by kalenderov
Trigrad Travel Guide: 28 reviews and 90 photos
It is located some 27 km from the town of Devin and 12 km from the fork road by the village of Teshel. The road to Trigrad passes along the fascinating gorge bearing the same name and by the Dyavolsko Gurlo (The Devil's Throat) cave. While the road meanders between the cliffs, the sky remains a mere streak of light. The cliffs themselves soar as high as 100 m or more, and the distance between them hardly reaches 20-30 m.
The tiny village will win your hearts with the hospitality of its people and the fascinating scenery. The village square houses side by side a small church and a mosque, both in harmony with the serenity of the towering mountains. Amidst the atmpsphere of country life, in Trigrad one will find warmth and cosiness in the family-run hotels, guest-houses and private rooms.
Some 3 km below the village of Trigrad is the most impressing part of the gorge. The streak of sky above the narrow passage is the only stoke of light in this formidable place. Huge cliffs lay deep down. The water hides beneath them only to reappear, clear and calm, several kilometres away. The road between the rocks passes through a tunnel, and then reaches the deep Devil's Thoat Cave. The river jumps into a deep abyss, breaks into millions of tiny drops and the water dust escapes up through the neighbouring opening. Lower in the cliff there another has been bored to allow entrance into the nether world.
It's a very delicious thing. Ask for it. more travel advice
kalenderov's Related Pages
Trigrad Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Trigrad - In Construction"
- "Trigrad - the magic of the Rhodope Mountains"
- "Trigrad - in the skyes, near the border"
- "The village of Trigrad"
- "Peaceful and Beatiful"
- "Marveles Place"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Trigrad
- Hotels in Trigrad
- Transportation in Trigrad
- Shopping in Trigrad
- Warnings and Dangers in Trigrad
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Trigrad
- 18 Reviews
- 19 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Trigrad?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Trigrad
- updated a Trigrad Travel Page "Trigrad - in the skyes, near the border"
- Posted in Travel Izmir Forum "Izmir interpreter / guide /..."
- Commented on one of hekate's Trigrad travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "okay, TRABANT is not the best..."
- Wrote a Review You have to try Cheverme in Trigrad Local Customs
Photos in TrigradSee All Photos (19)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sofia Intro, 170 reviews, 208 photos, 5 travelogues
- Plovdiv Intro, 56 reviews, 65 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bulgaria Intro, 28 reviews, 31 photos, 2 travelogues
- Trigrad Intro, 18 reviews, 19 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Varna Intro, 16 reviews, 19 photos
- Ahtopol Intro, 13 reviews, 14 photos
- Athens Intro, 10 reviews, 13 photos
- Rozhen Intro, 6 reviews, 8 photos
- Rila Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos
- Seoul Intro, 4 reviews, 5 photos