"Guadeloupe" Top 5 Page for this destination Guadeloupe by Skipster
Guadeloupe Travel Guide: 482 reviews and 1,317 photos
Guadeloupe is actually part of France. This enables those who make this sort of decision to spend large amounts of EU money on ornamentation for roundabouts. On the plus side the air ticket (Air France) is a bargain.
Basse Terre is less touristsy and by far the more interesting half of the island - rain forest, a large volcano, lots of waterfalls make it well worth bringing your hiking boots.
Grande-Terre's coast hosts most of the resorts - including 'Club Med' and 'Pierre et Vacances' (which are OK if you like that sort of thing). It's worth visiting however - Les Points de Chateau on the SE tip is spectacular and there are a few quieter beaches on the Eastern Coast.
- Pros:Basse Terre scenary, cheap air ticket
- Cons:Roundabouts, P'tit Ponch, Club Med et al
A converted Planter's Lodge set on an hill amongst a mature tropical garden - breathtaking. Some of the best food I've... more travel advice
A volcano in the middle of Basse-Terre. It's a bit of a tramp to get to the top, but if you get it on a clear day (not... more travel advice
Skipster's Related Pages
Guadeloupe Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Gwada: Le papillon des Caraïbes"
- "dont you want to jump in the water?"
- "Karukera !"
- "All the colors of the Caribbean"
- "La Guadeloupe"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Guadeloupe
- Hotels in Guadeloupe
- Transportation in Guadeloupe
- Nightlife in Guadeloupe
- Restaurants in Guadeloupe
- Shopping in Guadeloupe
- Warnings and Dangers in Guadeloupe
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Guadeloupe
- 7 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Guadeloupe?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Guadeloupe
Top 5 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Guadeloupe Intro, 7 reviews, 7 photos
- Namibia Intro, 2 reviews, 2 photos
- Ghana Intro, 1 review, 2 photos
- Angola Intro, 1 review, 2 photos
- Mongolia Intro, 2 photos
No friends yet.