"Chuuk Lagoon" State of Chuuk by kenmerk
State of Chuuk Travel Guide: 42 reviews and 118 photos
Chuuk Lagoon is truly a divers paradise. One of the top ten dives sites in the world on most anyone's list, and arguably the best wreck dive site anywhere in the world.
At the bottom of the lagoon sits over 60 ships from the Japanese 4th fleet that were sunk during Operation Hailstone in February 1944.
And diving these sunken time capsules is just jaw dropping magnificent. The cavernous supply ships are just full of WW2 artifacts including tanks, artillery shells, bullets, sake bottles, china, and human remains,. Also 50+ years of undisturbed coral growth in these tropical waters has left some of the prettiest artificial reef systems that you will find just about anywhere...
Really an amazing sight to behold...
I'll teell you , there is something just magical about sitting out on a clear night and enjoying the star and moon lit... more travel advice
Eten Island is a fun place to kill some time between dives. It was completely leveled by the Japanese military and... more travel advice
kenmerk's Related Pages
State of Chuuk Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Chuuk Lagoon"
- " Chuuk "
- "Divers' Haven ... Chuuk!"
- "Chuuk is the World's top wreck diving destination"
- "Truk Lagoon "Chuuk""
- See All...
- Things to Do in State of Chuuk
- Hotels in State of Chuuk
- Transportation in State of Chuuk
- Restaurants in State of Chuuk
- Warnings and Dangers in State of Chuuk
- See All...
Badges & Stats in State of Chuuk
- 31 Reviews
- 42 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (45)
Have you been to State of Chuuk?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in State of Chuuk
Photos in State of ChuukSee All Photos (42)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Taiwan Intro, 42 reviews, 44 photos
- New Zealand Intro, 40 reviews, 43 photos
- Myanmar (Burma) Intro, 38 reviews, 40 photos
- State of Pohnpei Intro, 29 reviews, 48 photos, 2 travelogues
- State of Chuuk Intro, 31 reviews, 42 photos, 1 travelogue
- Galápagos Islands Intro, 26 reviews, 39 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Palau Intro, 27 reviews, 37 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kengtung Intro, 31 reviews, 30 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pulau Redang Intro, 23 reviews, 34 photos, 1 travelogue
- Lan Yu Intro, 22 reviews, 33 photos, 1 travelogue