"Taiwan" Top 5 Page for this destination Taiwan by kenmerk

Taiwan Travel Guide: 3,733 reviews and 10,429 photos

Taiwan: Home, sweet, home for the past 6 years or so... Some people when they first come here (myself included) think that this is just a small industrial Asian country without much to offer outdoors...

Actually you couldn't be more wrong.... Taiwan has stunning waterfalls, steep rock cliffs along its east coast, an amazing marble gorge, and the tallest mountains in East Asia....

Although, I used to enjoy the nightlife around Asia when I was younger (Well OK, still occasionally do...), now I just look forward to the weekend for any chance to get away from the cities and explore the amazing countryside here...

• Last visit to Taiwan: Mar 2003
  • Intro Updated Apr 20, 2003

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo
    Oct 12, 2008 at 7:13 PM

Great tips, thanks Ken!

• Feb 25, 2008 at 6:14 PM

Great picture. I love waterfall. volopolo

• Feb 17, 2008 at 4:15 PM

wonderful local custom tips!!! I really enjoyed reading them!!!! :)

• jenniferchin's Profile Photo
    Sep 22, 2007 at 5:14 PM

Ah Ken .. Thanks for the greetings :-) The Day was spent mostly at the office, happily discovering and Pinot Noir goes well with cheese (haha), long conversations and some crazy salsa dancing .. Nope. no Bangsar ...

• Aafia's Profile Photo
    Jul 30, 2007 at 7:52 PM

Greetings from Cape Breton! You've portrayed a beautiful country through your pages, photos and tips. After 2 visits there I realize there is so much more for me to see. Your pages help me understand why my son wants to go back. Cheers.

• Carmanah's Profile Photo
    Jul 18, 2007 at 4:08 PM

Looks absolutely beautiful! You're right - often people are misconceived by their assumptions. I would love to be able to visit Taiwan one day. Funny, feng shui and a lot of the superstitions in Taiwan are also recognized here in my home city!

• dgeorge10's Profile Photo
    Nov 22, 2006 at 10:10 AM

Married life is great, but we're busy preparing for the next stage which should start any day now.... No more bar hopping, rock climbing, or spontaneous day tripping for a while.

• ChristinaNest's Profile Photo
    Aug 25, 2006 at 11:40 PM

Great page, thanks for sharing! So many beautiful places to see and trails to hike... greetings from Sofia

• kiely's Profile Photo
    Apr 17, 2006 at 7:51 AM

looked like you haven't upload any pics yet. when r u gonna do that? unfortunately, we don't have cable at home so I can't only wait for ur pics. btw, my bed time, talk to ya tomorrow. Hugz!

• Bilimari's Profile Photo
    Jan 19, 2006 at 9:57 AM

Wow, I had no idea that the rural roads are that bad. My MINI won't make it there. :) -Motoko-

kenmerk Visits Here Frequently!

Badges & Stats in Taiwan