"Puerto Galera" Top 5 Page for this destination Puerto Galera by kenmerk

Puerto Galera Travel Guide: 367 reviews and 938 photos

Well, I guess my first impression of Puerto Galera was on landing at Samll La laguna at high tide was: "Hey where is the beach ????? This dun look nothing like the pictures on the internet..." The waves were lapping up on the steps of my "beach front" hotel..... (Pretty narrow beach here, even at low tide....)

I guess it got a bit better from there, though.... Most days were clear, and fortunately the higher tides were mostly at night, so the beach was more presentable during the day most of the week. This did occasionally mean fighting back the waves to get back to your room at night, but I guess that is a fair trade....

If you are in Puerto Galera for the diving and/or crazy night life, I'm sure you can find what you want and have a good time. And even if the night life is not what you seek (as long as you stay clear of Sabang at night), the area does have quite a rustic feel to it.... (No roads/cars/email/newpapers, even electricity isnt a given.....) I dont think I heard a saw a motor vehicle till our last day when we boated over to Puerto Galera for some shopping....

I'm sure given the chance I be happy to visit again.... especially as it is pretty easy/cheap to get here from Taiwan.....

• Last visit to Puerto Galera: Jan 2006
  • Intro Updated Feb 4, 2006

• urchinn's Profile Photo
    May 31, 2007 at 7:43 PM

the pygmy seahorse photo is my enduring mental image of how i looked when chicken poxed last year. hehe. how're u, ken ge? as usual i'm diving in yr sites as a respite... tQQQ

• kiely's Profile Photo
    Jun 5, 2006 at 11:17 PM

Wow wow wow, Ken! ur pictures blind my eyes again! Weather still sucks in K.S? It is here. bad weather kinda force me to put off a camping trip to Honeymoon bay. =S/ =D

• charmee's Profile Photo
    Apr 18, 2006 at 11:44 PM

Wow. Because of you I'm now so excited to go to PG. I can't wait to spend my vacation there! My 1st time you know....

• Apr 12, 2006 at 10:07 PM

Wow, Ken. You never disappoint. Please post more photos. Thank you for sharing. San Miguel Beer, Ito ang Beer..." LOL.

• MM212's Profile Photo
    Mar 24, 2006 at 6:10 AM

LOVE the shark cave picture! Thanks for sharing.

• bkoon's Profile Photo
    Mar 20, 2006 at 6:18 AM

That seahorse is really tough to spot. Nice page. Thanks for sharing. Bee :)

• bpacker's Profile Photo
    Mar 17, 2006 at 12:11 AM

What wouldn't I give for a lionfish to wave its colorful arse at me;p Thanks for the dive tip, Ken:) and telling us who the patron saint of land-locked divers is...lol.

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Mar 9, 2006 at 11:39 AM

Hey Ken, if they surface you beside the Sabang Beach Bar, it sounds like a fair trade-off for the high tides! Ah, the 'San Miguel' sand memorial, it brought back many memories of SMs in Papua New Guinea. Great page!

• Feb 17, 2006 at 12:42 AM

These "pseudo beaches" remind me of many a Philippine island resort. All hail our patron St. Mig! Beautiful pics as always Ken.

• Geisha_Girl's Profile Photo
    Feb 16, 2006 at 10:21 PM

Another great page chock full of fascinating sea creatures, Ken. Loved the sea horses. But......did you find any "Amazing Live Sea Monkeys?" ;-))

Badges & Stats in Puerto Galera

Have you been to Puerto Galera?

Latest Activity in Puerto Galera