Kengtung Hotel Tips by kenmerk
Kengtung Hotels: 6 reviews and 11 photos
Kengtung Moving Day...
Probably best to get reservations prior to arriving in Kengtung during the dry season (winter). The hotels/guest houses here are small and the number limited.
As you can plainly see though, I didn't do that. Just showed up hoping for the best. And so, during our week here, we had to jump around a bit. Here on a bike moving all my worldly possessions from one place to another...
Princess Hotel, complete with generator...
Upon checking into the Princess Hotel in Kengtung, I was given a room key and a flashlight...
Flashlight ??? for what I wondered.... This mystery was soon solved as upon utilizing the key to access the room, I found the room to be dark and unresponsive to all light switches...
So anyway, I thought, probably just doing some maintenance on the power system or something.... Opening the window for some light, I noticed a large generator around on the side of the hotel...
Well, as it turned out, city power was only up and running for about an hour each day.... and that generator soon became my best friend.... The hotel would turn it on in the morning for a couple hours so you could have a hot shower, and also a couple hours at night....
I'm not saying this is the only place to stay in town, but just that your comfort level in Kengtung will be enhance if alternate sources of electrical light and power are available at your accomodation....
BTW: The owner staff here are quite friendly and glad to assist with arranging tours, hiring vehicles, or pretty much anything that they can help with...
Address: 21 Zaydankalay Road
Price Comparison: more expensive than average
Directions: South side of town, not far from the Central Market....
More Reviews (29)
- See All The Ice Cream Man Cometh....
- See All The Wall
- See All Starry, Starry Night...
- See All Land Route
kenmerk's Related Pages
Kengtung Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Kengtung~my trip on a cloudy and rainy time"
- "In the Golden Triangle"
- "Buddhist, Simple and almost Thai"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kengtung
- Hotels in Kengtung
- Transportation in Kengtung
- Nightlife in Kengtung
- Restaurants in Kengtung
- Shopping in Kengtung
- Warnings and Dangers in Kengtung
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kengtung
- 31 Reviews
- 30 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 26 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (45)
Have you been to Kengtung?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kengtung
Photos in KengtungSee All Photos (30)
Read real reviews about Kengtung Hotels!
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Taiwan Intro, 42 reviews, 44 photos
- New Zealand Intro, 40 reviews, 43 photos
- Myanmar (Burma) Intro, 38 reviews, 40 photos
- State of Pohnpei Intro, 29 reviews, 48 photos, 2 travelogues
- State of Chuuk Intro, 31 reviews, 42 photos, 1 travelogue
- Galápagos Islands Intro, 26 reviews, 39 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Palau Intro, 27 reviews, 37 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kengtung Intro, 31 reviews, 30 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pulau Redang Intro, 23 reviews, 34 photos, 1 travelogue
- Lan Yu Intro, 22 reviews, 33 photos, 1 travelogue