"Journey to the Mystical Mid River Paya" Kyauktan by kenmerk
Kyauktan Travel Guide: 9 reviews and 11 photos
For a nice diversion from the big city of Yangon, a trip out into the delta region cannot be beat.
One such adventure is the journey to the Yele Mid-river Paya near Kyauktan. This Paya is set on a small island that sits mid stream in a wide muddy river, which makes for a unique setting.
Also, there are a couple of other interesting places to stop along the way, including the historic town of Thanlyin and the impressive Kyaik-Khauk Golden Paya...
So if you have a free day in Yangon, and want to escape the maddening crowds for a while, this excursion would come highly recommended...
Once you reach the river, which is about 12 KM's past the Kyaik-Khauk Paya you will see the Yele Paya looming large on a... more travel advice
Well by the looks of the place, I'd say the dollar that I somewhat voluntarily donated at least went to a good cause.... more travel advice
kenmerk's Related Pages
Kyauktan Travel Guide
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kyauktan
- 9 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 10 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (20)
Have you been to Kyauktan?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kyauktan
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Taiwan Intro, 42 reviews, 44 photos
- New Zealand Intro, 40 reviews, 43 photos
- Burma Intro, 38 reviews, 40 photos
- State of Pohnpei Intro, 29 reviews, 48 photos, 2 travelogues
- State of Chuuk Intro, 31 reviews, 42 photos, 1 travelogue
- Galápagos Islands Intro, 26 reviews, 39 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Palau Intro, 27 reviews, 37 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kengtung Intro, 31 reviews, 30 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pulau Redang Intro, 23 reviews, 34 photos, 1 travelogue
- Lan Yu Intro, 22 reviews, 33 photos, 1 travelogue