"Bago" Top 5 Page for this destination Bago by kenmerk
Bago Travel Guide: 80 reviews and 196 photos
Just 80 Kilometers north of Yangon is the city of Bago. It is a historic town which was once an important seaport.
The town is dotted with old temples, payas, and a huge reclining Buddha image.
You can day trip out here from Yangon, or make a loop trip through Bago on your way to Kyiaktiyo...
Another favourite is the "Relaxing Buddha" as depicted at Shwethalyaung. Note the open eyes and the feet slightly... more travel advice
Evidence of damage from the 1917 earthquake at Bago... A small golden shrine placed atop a felled section of the... more travel advice
kenmerk's Related Pages
Bago Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Bago --Pegu"
- "Bago – Monks, Pagodas and bustling Myanmar"
- "Bago first stop going up north"
- "Bago, Pegu of Yesteryear"
- "In the name of Hong-Sa-Wa-Di"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bago
- Hotels in Bago
- Transportation in Bago
- Restaurants in Bago
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Bago
- 6 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 27 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (20)
Have you been to Bago?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bago
Photos in BagoSee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Taiwan Intro, 42 reviews, 44 photos
- New Zealand Intro, 40 reviews, 43 photos
- Burma Intro, 38 reviews, 40 photos
- State of Pohnpei Intro, 29 reviews, 48 photos, 2 travelogues
- State of Chuuk Intro, 31 reviews, 42 photos, 1 travelogue
- Galápagos Islands Intro, 26 reviews, 39 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Palau Intro, 27 reviews, 37 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kengtung Intro, 31 reviews, 30 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pulau Redang Intro, 23 reviews, 34 photos, 1 travelogue
- Lan Yu Intro, 22 reviews, 33 photos, 1 travelogue