"Sunny Chiayi" Chiayi by kenmerk

Chiayi Travel Guide: 28 reviews and 87 photos

Mind you, Chiayi is not your typical tourist stop. Although this is a gateway up into some of the mountain resorts, I will try to concentrate more on the downtown type stuff like dinosaurs, liberty bells, lady liberty, beekeepers, and the like....

We will start with the famous sitting guy. Not sure who he is, but it's an odds on favourite that it is either Chiang Kai-Shek or Sun, Yat-Sen... (I have to do something to entertain myself when in Chiayi on business...)

• Last visit to Chiayi: Mar 2003
  • Intro Updated Apr 3, 2003

• Redlats's Profile Photo
    Jul 9, 2005 at 10:08 PM

Loved your tongue-in-cheek descriptions. Did you go for the tour to the top of Chiayi's Eiffel tower?

• Jun 3, 2005 at 6:05 AM

This is they way they do parking fees here. Instead of meters these people first put a ticket on your window and then come back every so often and mark your ticket to show how long you have been there. It is actually a good system.

• canadiantravelgirl's Profile Photo
    Mar 26, 2004 at 7:55 AM

Well, you definitely outlined the sights of the city...great job!!!! So which is the "must see one"??? The dinosaur or the 7-11? haha

• firechick's Profile Photo
    Mar 11, 2004 at 1:28 AM

Hi - my brother lives here too as an ex-pat and teaches of course English. I love your fun page! He never showed me the pictures of the dinosaur or liberty bell!

• tpangelinan's Profile Photo
    Oct 5, 2003 at 5:43 AM

Very Cool place, Didn't know 7-11 went every where! 6-9 sounds good! Motel Cali. sounds like cheater motel-notel! :-)

• manuelEB's Profile Photo
    Sep 23, 2003 at 8:47 PM

I would prefer a more relaxing 11 -(2-4)- 7 that include siesta time. Watch out! Inconvenience stores are born!!!

• Hexepatty's Profile Photo
    Sep 23, 2003 at 6:12 PM

What a fascinating Place. I feel like I've BEEN there. Great Job, Ken!

• sof76's Profile Photo
    Sep 23, 2003 at 9:48 AM

Very nice page!!! I've enjoyed it! =)

• andal13's Profile Photo
    Sep 23, 2003 at 9:29 AM

Did you know that there is a replica of the Eiffel Tower in Paris? ;-)))

• Guantanamera's Profile Photo
    Sep 22, 2003 at 11:12 PM

From what I gather so far, GZ has also been visited by space aliens many a time...!

Badges & Stats in Chiayi