"Chihpen Hot Springs" Chih-pen by kenmerk
Chih-pen Travel Guide: 5 reviews and 7 photos
Chihpen Hot Springs is one of the most popular hot spring resort in Taiwain. And so, it is also one of the most crowded. There are scads of hotels along the valley of the Jrben river, so finding accomodations is not difficult. .
The hot springs are fine, but to get away from the crowds, there are two directions you can head:
Just south of town is Le-san (Happy Mountain). Bai-Yui Waterfall is about a 1 KM hike up this hill, and further on up, there are great views of the Jrben Valley, and of the Pacific Ocean.
The scenery is even better if you head west from town, up into the river valley. Go couple of kilometers past the tourist center, and on the right side you will find a new outdoor hot spring area that is now under development. From here there is an access trail down to the river.
As you hike up along the riverbed, you will find the scenery gets better and better. There are many places to wade/swim, and even a small waterfall that is perfect for an outdoor shower.
Chihpen Hot Spring Village is a cluster of hotels that cater to the many hot spring worshipper here in Taiwan. The range... more travel advice
If you are more amibitious, you can continuing hiking up hill from the trail from Bai-yui Waterfall. There are a number... more travel advice
kenmerk's Related Pages
Chih-pen Travel Guide
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Chih-pen
- 6 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (45)
Have you been to Chih-pen?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Chih-pen
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Taiwan Intro, 42 reviews, 44 photos
- New Zealand Intro, 40 reviews, 43 photos
- Myanmar (Burma) Intro, 38 reviews, 40 photos
- State of Pohnpei Intro, 29 reviews, 48 photos, 2 travelogues
- State of Chuuk Intro, 31 reviews, 42 photos, 1 travelogue
- Galápagos Islands Intro, 26 reviews, 39 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Palau Intro, 27 reviews, 37 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kengtung Intro, 31 reviews, 30 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pulau Redang Intro, 23 reviews, 34 photos, 1 travelogue
- Lan Yu Intro, 22 reviews, 33 photos, 1 travelogue