"Tanshui" Tan-shui by kenmerk
Tan-shui Travel Guide: 31 reviews and 76 photos
For an interesting day trip from Taipei, Tamshui is a good choice.
Located near the mouth of the Tamshui river, this town was once a major port, but now is mostly a tourist attraction. There are several historically significant buildings in Tamshui. The most famous is Fort San Domingo, or as they say in Chinese: "Fort of the Red Haired Flesh Eating Barbarians". (Meaning guys like us) This fort was originally built by the Spanish in the 17th Century.
Also, around town you can find several other old European buildings, including the Red Castle, which was built in the late 19th century.
Probably the most interesting thing to do in Tamshui, is wade through the masses on the riverfront shopping arcades. You can check out the barbequed squid and Heineken girls down here...There is also a new park directly in front of the MRT station. Here they have live bands and other entertainment on weekends...
The easiest way to get to Tanshui from Taipei is to ride the MRT... Take the Tamshui MRT line from Taipei Station out... more travel advice
The river front is a pleasand enough place at high tide, but when the tide rolls out here, Tanshui can leave you with... more travel advice
kenmerk's Related Pages
Tan-shui Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Beautiful Dam-Shui"
- "From a fishing village to tourist site"
- "Dan-shui Taipei Taiwan"
- "Storyin Danshui"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Tan-shui
- Transportation in Tan-shui
- Nightlife in Tan-shui
- Restaurants in Tan-shui
- Shopping in Tan-shui
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Tan-shui
- 10 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 10 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (46)
Have you been to Tan-shui?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tan-shui
Photos in Tan-shuiSee All Photos (12)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Taiwan Intro, 42 reviews, 44 photos
- New Zealand Intro, 40 reviews, 43 photos
- Burma Intro, 38 reviews, 40 photos
- State of Pohnpei Intro, 29 reviews, 48 photos, 2 travelogues
- State of Chuuk Intro, 31 reviews, 42 photos, 1 travelogue
- Galápagos Islands Intro, 26 reviews, 39 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Palau Intro, 27 reviews, 37 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kengtung Intro, 31 reviews, 30 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pulau Redang Intro, 23 reviews, 34 photos, 1 travelogue
- Lan Yu Intro, 22 reviews, 33 photos, 1 travelogue