"Mugua River Valley" T'ung-men by kenmerk
T'ung-men Travel Guide: 9 reviews and 10 photos
Beautiful river valley that is quite close to Hualien, complete with a scenic gorge, many a waterfall, a clear mountain stream, and stunning mountain scenery.
And best of all is few people know about it. While nearby Taroko Gorge is a major tourist attraction, this valley was off limits until relatively recently.
Many options to hike through this area, either take day trip up and back, or try to treacherous three day trip across the big mountains...
This is one of my favourite places in Hualien County...
You will see a few hydro plants in the valley, where they divert water through pipes from high up in the mountains down... more travel advice
There are several places where you can get down to the river bed to cool off in the clear cold mountain stream. Just... more travel advice
kenmerk's Related Pages
T'ung-men Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in T'ung-men
- 9 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (20)
Have you been to T'ung-men?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in T'ung-men
Photos in T'ung-menSee All Photos (10)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Taiwan Intro, 42 reviews, 44 photos
- New Zealand Intro, 40 reviews, 43 photos
- Burma Intro, 38 reviews, 40 photos
- State of Pohnpei Intro, 29 reviews, 48 photos, 2 travelogues
- State of Chuuk Intro, 31 reviews, 42 photos, 1 travelogue
- Galápagos Islands Intro, 26 reviews, 39 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Palau Intro, 27 reviews, 37 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kengtung Intro, 31 reviews, 30 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pulau Redang Intro, 23 reviews, 34 photos, 1 travelogue
- Lan Yu Intro, 22 reviews, 33 photos, 1 travelogue