"YACHATS - ARTISANAL FULCRUM ON THE CENTRAL COAST" Top 5 Page for this destination Yachats by mtncorg
Yachats Travel Guide: 38 reviews and 63 photos
Pronounced without the 'c', Yachats is a small resort village of some 635 people at the mouth of the Yachats River. Yachats is the last town along a stretch of small towns extending south from Lincoln City, 50 miles to the north. South of here are headlands of the wild Cape Perpetua-Heceta Head region. The town is all about tourism, but on a scale less crass than other areas. Local festivals - like the Smelt Fry (Yachats is one of the few areas in the World where there is a run of oceangoing smelt - a good thing if you are fond of the sardine-like fish), the 4th of July, Arts and Crafts Fair, Crafts on the Coast Fair, Yachats Music Festival, Yachats Village Mushroom Fest and the Celtic Music Festival keep the local inns full. The area to the south is some of the most dramatic scenery found on the Oregon Coast and many make their home base here in Yachats. Find a beach and claim it for your own for a day, though you might have to share it with the local seals and birds.
See Yachats for more information on the town, the festivals, the food and fro places to stay.
Much like the Deadwood Creek span, this bridge is hidden deep within the mountains of the Coast Range. It is not that... more travel advice
This bridge is identical to two other bridges McCullough designed - at Tillamook over the Wilson River and a few miles... more travel advice
mtncorg's Related Pages
Yachats Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "YACHATS - ARTISANAL FULCRUM ON THE CENTRAL COAST"
- "The Gem of the Oregon Coast"
- "Yachats (pronounced Ya-harts)"
- "Beautiful Oceanside"
- "Gem of the Oregon Coast"
- "Yachats (Ya Hots) Stuff"
- "Ha-See-Ta Head"
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Yachats
- 7 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (86)
Have you been to Yachats?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Yachats
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Most visited travel pages."
- Wrote a Review FISHER SCHOOL BRIDGE in Yachats Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "FISHER SCHOOL BRIDGE"
- updated a Yachats Travel Page "YACHATS - ARTISANAL FULCRUM ON THE CENTRAL COAST"
- Commented on one of nativelocal's Yachats travel pages
Photos in YachatsSee All Photos (12)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chickamauga and Chattanooga National Military Park Intro, 61 reviews, 205 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gettysburg National Military Park Intro, 52 reviews, 205 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oregon Intro, 67 reviews, 168 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Portland Intro, 63 reviews, 148 photos, 5 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 39 reviews, 152 photos, 2 travelogues
- France Intro, 43 reviews, 145 photos
- Turkey Intro, 30 reviews, 131 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pennsylvania Intro, 34 reviews, 122 photos
- Buenos Aires Intro, 56 reviews, 87 photos, 4 travelogues
- Belgrade Intro, 33 reviews, 99 photos