"YACHATS - ARTISANAL FULCRUM ON THE CENTRAL COAST" Top 5 Page for this destination Yachats by mtncorg

Yachats Travel Guide: 38 reviews and 63 photos

Pronounced without the 'c', Yachats is a small resort village of some 635 people at the mouth of the Yachats River. Yachats is the last town along a stretch of small towns extending south from Lincoln City, 50 miles to the north. South of here are headlands of the wild Cape Perpetua-Heceta Head region. The town is all about tourism, but on a scale less crass than other areas. Local festivals - like the Smelt Fry (Yachats is one of the few areas in the World where there is a run of oceangoing smelt - a good thing if you are fond of the sardine-like fish), the 4th of July, Arts and Crafts Fair, Crafts on the Coast Fair, Yachats Music Festival, Yachats Village Mushroom Fest and the Celtic Music Festival keep the local inns full. The area to the south is some of the most dramatic scenery found on the Oregon Coast and many make their home base here in Yachats. Find a beach and claim it for your own for a day, though you might have to share it with the local seals and birds.

See Yachats for more information on the town, the festivals, the food and fro places to stay.

• Intro Updated Jul 29, 2008

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Dec 7, 2005 at 7:47 AM

Yet another beautiful place! Seems to me I once drove up US 101 (in a used Ford that I had paid all of $75 for), but don't remember seeing this. I wasn't always served in rural Oregon because I had long hair at the time.

• Dec 2, 2005 at 9:11 AM

I just thought I'd update this and let people know that it's actually Tenmile Creek Bridge, if anyone's looking for it on a map!

• tpal's Profile Photo
    Aug 24, 2005 at 7:08 AM

So much to see...I hope we can take it all in. BTW I knew there would be a bridge there somewhere. Good work...Tom

• XenoHumph's Profile Photo
    Jan 27, 2005 at 1:21 PM

And don't you bother them seals little corgi girl!!

• Trekki's Profile Photo
    Nov 13, 2004 at 7:11 AM

Little Girl looks as if she has adopted some of the seals :-) Did you already install a big pool at home ? ;-)

• Karolina01's Profile Photo
    Nov 12, 2004 at 12:47 AM

Again me, checking your new pages.

mtncorg

“live to learn; learn to live”

Badges & Stats in Yachats

Have you been to Yachats?

Latest Activity in Yachats