"SILVER FALLS - THE VALLEY'S ANSWER TO MULTNOMAH" Top 5 Page for this destination Silver Falls State Park by mtncorg
Silver Falls State Park Travel Guide: 64 reviews and 176 photos
About 25 miles east of Salem and 50 miles south of Portland, along the foothills of the Cascades lies this very popular state park hidden away in the rain forest. The main attraction is the Trail of Ten Falls which lie on the north and south forks of Silver Creek. Deep within rain forested gorges, waters tumble over basaltic cliffs in spectacular fashion.
Silver Creek Falls is not as well known to outsiders as the waterfalls of the Columbia River Gorge to the east of Portland, but they are well known to locals who on summer weekends mob the park and trails. The trail is about 7 miles long and is a very pleasant diversion when not too crowded.
- Pros:Glorious waterfalls deep within rain forested canyons
- Cons:Weekend crowds
A short distance in on the trails you will come up against large signs announcing no dogs on the trails. Naturally, the... more travel advice
Take care and heed the signs at the top of the waterfalls. People fall off every so often regardless of the warnings... more travel advice
mtncorg's Related Pages
Silver Falls State Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Silver Falls State park"
- "Beautiful Scenery & Great Water Falls"
- "Listening to what the locals say: Silver Falls"
- "SILVER FALLS - THE VALLEY'S ANSWER TO MULTNOMAH"
- "North Falls and nine others"
- "Silver Falls"
- "There Is A Silver Lining In Silver Falls, Oregon"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Silver Falls State Park
- Hotels in Silver Falls State Park
- Transportation in Silver Falls State Park
- Restaurants in Silver Falls State Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Silver Falls State Park
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Silver Falls State Park
- 5 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (85)
Have you been to Silver Falls State Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Silver Falls State Park
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Most visited travel pages."
- Commented on one of richiecdisc's Silver Falls State Park travel pages
- updated a Silver Falls State Park Travel Page "SILVER FALLS - THE VALLEY'S ANSWER TO MULTNOMAH"
- Uploaded a Photo to "UPPER NORTH FALLS"
- Wrote a Review NO DOGS ON THE TRAILS in Silver Falls State Park Local Customs
Photos in Silver Falls State ParkSee All Photos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gettysburg National Military Park Intro, 52 reviews, 205 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oregon Intro, 67 reviews, 168 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Portland Intro, 63 reviews, 148 photos, 5 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 39 reviews, 152 photos, 2 travelogues
- France Intro, 43 reviews, 145 photos
- Turkey Intro, 30 reviews, 131 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pennsylvania Intro, 34 reviews, 122 photos
- Buenos Aires Intro, 56 reviews, 87 photos, 4 travelogues
- Belgrade Intro, 33 reviews, 99 photos
- Fredericksburg and Spotsylvania County Battlefields Memorial National Military Park Intro, 31 reviews, 100 photos